Video Files on Forum ×

New Member - New Casio Purchase!

Solo-Man

Hello All!

I'm quite happy to announce that I'm the proud new owner of brand new PX560!

And to be completely honest, I just can't #%^&ing wait!

In fact, if I were a 12 year old pre-pubescent girl, I probably would have wet myself just a tiny bit over it already!!

I paid for it yesterday, and it should ship out tomorrow (Monday presumably). I should have it in a week.

YAY!

A bit about myself:

I'm in my 50's now and got my professional debut as a singer/piano player in 1983 - (yes, I'm that old!).

My very first keyboard was the now infamous black 76 key Wurlitzer, complete with 4 shiny pole legs and a single knob for volume and another to the left of it for tremolo.

To date, I have purchased 15 keyboards, pianos and synths. My 3rd synth was the incredible Korg DW-8000 - great keyboard, of which I now have the rack mount version (EX-8000), but don't use.

In my small studio, I have a set of V-Drums and a Yamaha P-200 that I bought slightly used in 2001 for $2000 - still working great as always - and my newer, bigger Roland V-Piano, which is an absolute delight to play. The keys are simulated ivory and feel like silk, and are a constant invitation to keep on playing - so much so, that some of my piano solos are now 15-20 minutes long, which, in a 5-6 minute song, is nothing short of ridiculous!  :)

I bought that one 'as new' 3-4 years ago from the original owner who never played it, for just over half price, (including their extremely over-priced stand that goes with it).

My last gig was 15 years ago - in 2005, (basically because I got sick and tired of being treated like sh#t by so many for so long). The keys I used back then were the Yamaha P-80, which I was just never satisfied with. I bought it because it was lighter and portable.

But things are different now and I can't wait to get out there again. I have about 800-900 pop songs in my repertoire, learned over the years when I used to play 6 nights a week in the 1980's. I've been learning new songs ever since and have added about another 2 dozen lately.

To say that I'm super impressed and totally excited about this new PX560 purchase is an understatement.

Of all my other 15 keyboard purchases, I don't think I've ever been so excited about a new set of keys coming at me! 

Like virtually everyone else on earth, I had no idea that Casio upped their game a number of years ago, and was under the common impression that Casio keyboards were left behind in the dust - small, cheap, no longer used, and basically sitting, collecting dust in most peoples bedrooms. So imagine my surprise to see what I would call 'the best kept secret on earth'!

There's just something about the PX560 that I'm very excited about, after reading countless reviews, watching numerous videos, and comparing fairly to other makes and models.

Like I said - I can't #%^&ing wait!!!!

Cheers!! - and Happy New Year. I think its gonna be a good one!

• Like 2

Huge number of helpful posts here, manyPX560  tones have been added by Casio and users (like me!), and many have been ported over from the PX5s by Mike Martin.  I've been through keyboards since the 1970s Wurlies, Fender Rhodes, many acoustics and Hammonds. Still amazing to me the depths of sonic and creative sources these instruments have, I now spend a majority of my playing and practicing on the PX560-although my old Equinox and SY77 are still pretty amazing after all these years-some of those sounds I have found in the PX560-not Yamaha FM strictly speaking, but close especially the ep's.  Wouldn't hesitate to take it out on gigs but like you, have played in some pretty "challenging" environments over the years, and now pick my poison! I think you will love playing this Casio.

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

So with the new added tones that are available, I assume there's no real memory limit to be concerned with?

In other words, I wouldn't have to start deleting some stock on-board tones to make room for some new ones, correct?

3 hours ago, Solo-Man said:

Thanks guys.

So with the new added tones that are available, I assume there's no real memory limit to be concerned with?

In other words, I wouldn't have to start deleting some stock on-board tones to make room for some new ones, correct?

Preset tones can't be deleted.  You can fill up all of the user tone slots.  It won't hurt anything.  

I haven't hit any limitations for user tones I've added including several hex layer tones. i have roughly 30 or so edited tones in user memory slots, no problems so far. One bug and several years that you could run into-and mike martin and Casio japan is looking at this-yep Casio pays attention! In the process of editing drumkits-i found a peculiar problem when saving and using the edited kits in a multitrack recording-this is he only bug I've ever come across, and i push my equipment. when I play an edit kit live from the keys, my edits work as expected-when using in a recording with the song recorder-a strange distorted sound is produced-as if i have an LFO programmed into the kit, but I don't. Apparently this is a genuine "bug" others have reproduced here-and Mike martin directed me to save to 2 drumkit user slots in particular-I forget which numbered slots, and that solved the problem for now. You may never need to use that editing functioning-I like to change pitches in the drum kits which works well, but if recording edited kits i came across this unusual problem.

One other comment...I love older keys, since I've played so many-including the Korg DW's, the DSS-1 which I learned sampling with as well as many other Rolands, Yamahas, Kurzweils.  I sometimes get the urge to buy an older Triton, Motif or Roland to add to my stockpile here-but every time I audition these on Youtube or other user groups, i am also on Yamaha UK and other user groups for years, I always come back to the PX5650 and realize how powerful this instrument really is, and end up leaving the rest. Just saying....this is a killer instrument. Maybe the latest Montage or Kronos sounds better (I'm not totally convinced of that either) but the 88 key variations always weigh 50 or more pounds. I always have my old TS-12 if i want to break my back like that-and to my surprise-some sounds I never heard anywhere else except that old monster-are reproduced on the PX560 which really surprised me as well as some SY77 FM sounds-not quite as FM as the SY but then none are including the newer Yamahas except the Montage which finally brought back full FM.  And I've spent hours auditioning every digital piano in existence-yes there may be 1-2 that sound slightly better, but compared to all the majors, I still think the Casio PX560 grands are formidable. Only the Grand (GR) series sound slightly better to me, and even there, the difference is subtle IMO. So have fun