Video Files on Forum ×

Casio gp 400 tone

Eli26

So I was practicing today playing some fairly tame minuet in G When I hear this tone and that just won't stop.   By just won't stop I mean that the tone literally will not stop.   I took a video which captures the tone.  Because it wasn't recorded through line out it may be tricky to hear at first,  except when I started raising and lowering the volume you can a clearly pick out the tone which just continued and continued.    It didn't stop or vary when I switched from 1 piano to another, but it stopped when I powered down.   Is this just a glitch or do I need warranty support now?  

I have the video file but it seems that can't upload it since Since its 150mb as was recorded with my phone camera....   I converted it to an audio file and this hopefully will load.... Seems like a can't get this to load.. I will try again later but in the meantime I'll leave this post here

It could be RF or electrical interference from another device.  Are any other electrical devices nearby?  Is anything connected to the piano besides the power supply?  I know it's difficult to move a GP-400.  I would suggest trying it on another power outlet that's on a different circuit.  You'll probably need an extension cord to make it easier.  If you've eliminated all of that, you may need to call Casio support for additional help.  Hope that helps.  Let us know if you need any more assistance.  

Nope, no other electrical devices.  It started while I was playing the piano, and in a particularly loud passage, which is what made me think that was related to the playing.... and the fact that the tone sounded rather musical, like a misplaced resonant tone......   So I of course don't know much about electrical stuff --- does the fact that the volume knob directly controlled the volume of the tone imply that it's not electrical interference?  It seems to me like that implies that the tone was generated by the sound engine glitching.  AM I wrong?? (I'm happy to be wrong, I just wanted your expertise as to whether it's truly possible that RF interfernece could produce that pure tone, that th etone is controllable with the volume knob, that the piano can be played and other tones sound just fine,  and that the tone stays on teh ENTIRE time tha tth epiano is on unil it gets a reset by turning it off....... ) 

Also, there were NO other appliances being used in the entire house at the time (I was the only one home, besides the housekeeper who was putting away laundry).....

Couple of little glitches here and there (this and the weird hissing I get with recording Audio files to USB stick and playing them back through the piano), but I still love this piano....

OK.  The odd tone problem hasn't recurred.  At all.  Maybe it was some kind of strange electrical interference, although I assume that there would be shielding, inulation or something to prevent that from affecting things.  Or maybe it was a weird onetime glitch. 

You know what...I bet one of the little rubber bumpers got caught in the "compressed" position-these are just little rubber bubbles after all. If this happens, and it can, it can trigger a note, and keep it on. If you played some pretty "busy" piano passages one of these could have gotten stuck temporarily-but long enough to hold a note. And I'm not sure about the GP Casios, but if I hold a note on my other Casios, switch to a different tone-the original tone will keep playing as long as I hold that note down until it decays normally. So if a note "hangs" from a compressed rubber contact under a key-it will keep sounding no matter what other tones or notes you play. it probably just popped back up by itself or from vibration while you played other keys.   Just my guess, but I've had that happen. did you happen to notice what 'tone" this might have been? Did it sound like one of the piano or other tones you had played?

I'm pretty sure I discovered the problem which is in keeping with men memory of what I was playing when it happened.   At the time I was playing I remember that a  Few seconds before it seem like a note that I played did not make a sound, and that was the G above middle C.   So I was just playing now and several times within a one minute span when I pressed the G above middle c it did not make a sound but then made its sound about a second or 2 later.   Happened twice within span of about a minute but now I can't get it to happen again.  That's just really coppered key the question is how to your about giving us taken care of when it's not something I can reproduce easily????

Edit....  The tone that was produced in the video i shared above is clearly a B not  a G so I'm not sure what that means.....