Video Files on Forum ×

Backup midi files

Ronieaz

I need help understanding why my backup midi files on my flash drive do not contain the SystemTrack.  All this time I thought I was saving midi backup files of my music.  

Here's what I have been doing:

RecMode - MidiRecorder - NewData - Record with Accmp ON.  Play chords.  

NoTitle - UserDataEdit - Rename - NoTitle 012 to Test1.  

Test1 - Record - SoloTrack1 NoData.  Record Upper1 voice.  Save Test1.

Play Test1 - Monitor - Solo SystemTrack - I have chords.  Solo Track1 - I have notes.  

Goto Menu - Media - Save - MIDI Recording SMF 

Select Test1 to be saved as TEST1.MID - Enter - SaveComplete

Goto MidiRecorder - select Media Test1.  

Play Test1 - Monitor - Solo SystemTrack - no sound.  Solo Track1 - I have notes.  

What happened to my backup SystemTrack?  

Ok guys, so I did - saves with the ZMF extension and when it comes time to play, it shows up in the menu.  Works well. 

Sibelius is what I use to print out sheet music.  It can read mid, xml, mxl, opt  files.  I tried the zmf, but no.  For whatever reason the Casio recorded my Upper1&2 voices into PortC Part01 & Part02 and my Lower1 into PortB Part03, seemingly out of the PortA 16 tracks.  

However, when I opened the mid file, Sibelius was able to display for me the Upper1&2 organ parts at least.  I can work with this because I typically only printout the melody.  

I can generate good songs using arranger keyboards (PA600,PSRS775,MZX), but I am a terrible musician.  The sheet music helps with chords&melody.  Sometimes I even have to record at a slower tempo then goto EventEdit to type in the right tempo before recording a wav file into the Tascam.  

Thank you BradS and RickSterling for the clarification.  

• 1 year later...

Hello guys, hope someone can help me (sadface)

I also am starting out with recording and exporting the midi file to usb.

I discovered my main piano is on the 'systemtrack' and is not in the midi file oO

I cant see how to copy that track to another track so i can export the mid file to usb - is that a possible solution here for me?

I have exported the ZMF - but what do I do now to get that systemtrack data?

Please and thank you in advance (smile)

b0br

Looking again, I think that the track I want to export to midi is on 'Port B' if that makes sense to people.

I muted all the tracks and still had the piano.. then pressed the port and I got another 16 tracks with the piano and instrument on 'PortB'

How do I export 'Port B' to mid please (^_^)

Thank you

Export to SMF will only convert the system track if none of the 16 solo tracks are recorded (blank).  A MIDI file can only be 16 tracks, so this is why the limitation.  You can delete the solo tracks, then it will convert the system track.  Perhaps make a copy of your song before deleting tracks.

• Thanks 1