Video Files on Forum ×

midi module problem

I have had my XW p1 for a year and use it a lot.love it. I also have an old CTK 691 . I have been using  the 691 to access my 20 year old roland JV 1010 sound module.  Yester day I tried using the XW instead  to mix the JV sounds with the XWs. Anyway the XW  only plays the notes from the highest down about 3 octaves.  I tried resetting ranges in performance mode and octave shifting to no avail. I went to settings then midi but found nothing that seemed helpful. Any advise would be appreciated.Tom

Which notes? Are you hearing both instruments together like this? Is this limited range happening for the XW sounds, or the JV sounds, or both? Did you try this in "tone" mode also-in other words, leaving performance mode? sounds like the XW is splitting the lower and upper ranges-as it might in sequencer mode as if you had sequencer mode set for transposing with the lower octaves. This is a complex beast, and sometimes one mode can effect another mode without me even realizing it's doing this.