Video Files on Forum ×

Weird email.

I was scrolling in my email and found two mails that seemed to be from casiomusicforum@gmail one from 5 Jan and one from 1 Feb both make reference on px5s all files one rating it the other asking question about it both emails have Mike picture which was really strange and suspicious for such email contend  that can't be, Google said it isn't sure it's from casiomusicforum and that it was probably spam.

That I didn't noticed this before unbelievable.

• Sad 1

I can tell you, this is a new form of spam. I'm getting these supposedly from people I know-and turn out to be for crappy products that have nothing to do with the people listed in the email header. I use a spam blocker and label these "junk" to block these-but it is an insidious, nasty way to try to fool people. This type of email usually tells me that someone hacked into somebody else's email somehow, and now has a list of others who might have been on that person's "CC" carbon copy sender list-especially since I never sent an email to any of these people, but they might have been on an email sender list to me from someone else. Pretty rotten thing to do.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Liplet said:

It's important to be careful and attentive in this situation because casiomusicforum@gmail.com and casiomusicforums@gmail.com are different e-mails...

Nevertheless, changing the e-mail was the best idea. 

Good catch!  

@XW-Addict  Did you mistype the address in your original post?  Or is it really missing the "s" at the end?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2020 at 4:09 AM, Brad Saucier said:

Good catch!  

@XW-Addict  Did you mistype the address in your original post?  Or is it really missing the "s" at the end?

Those two mails are removed can't check them anymore the last mail from casio sent was from 2017 and its says casioforums@gmail.com 

I guess Google mail a.i sees casioforums@gmail.com and casiomusicforums@gmail.com as a discrepancy. Either way the differences of the 

address and the question of PX5S (official) all files. Gave the red flags away, I also know the forum software upgraded a while back maybe

something didn't go as it supposed. Double checking to make sure though, hackers try anything nowadays.  

• 2 weeks later...