Video Files on Forum ×

My PX-60 can not see files to load?

PriviaMan

Hi,

I have tried to load "SuperSaw 1.0.0" by Mike Martin, but me 56- can not see the file, 

I have just updated to ver 1.16 , cloud be this is the reason, not compatible with v 1.16?

This is not the only file that my 560 can not see some other files won't be seen by 560 v 1.1.6?

Thanks

Priviaman-shouldn't be a problem, sounds like Brad's nailed it. The new firmware is working fine with mine-I have found no differences at all compared to previous firmware versions, except for fixing the drum edit foobar which is now perfect. I have Supersaw in my PX560, as well as other hex layers posted in the files section. You do have to make sure you have a hex layer selected before you can install another in the user memory slots.  

I had to do Factory Reset, and this fixed the problem,

It was not mentioned in the update instructions, what was mentioned is to do "initialise all', it seems that was not engough,

So I have tried Factory reset and the problem is gone, thanks to all.

14 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Initialize all means factory reset.  They simply used terminology from another Casio model.

Thanks Brad but it is described at the very beginning of the manual. With the PX560 switched off, hold down both the tempo up/down arrow buttons while powering the PX560 on. This will initialize the PX560. I've done this, works fine no problem.

As I have been advised on this post 

https://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/18039-firmware-116-update/

Thanks! Yes, there are actually 2 different procedures that I'm not sure are quite the same-one as i described, the other-can be done from the menu "settings" as Brad described. I wish I knew what the difference was! I am pretty sure these 2 procedures do not do quite the same things, but I could be wrong. would be unusual for 2 different procedures to accomplish the same thing.Brad, do you have any idea why this might be. I have used both-the one when I want to clear all my user memory areas and reload an "all" setting such as for all rhythms, tones, etc. I used the other after i updated the firmware. I could guess that it deos the same thing, except that when you update the firmware-it initializes the Px on a deeper level somehow, such as the difference between a "cold boot" and "warm boot' with a computer?

The PX-5S has an "initialize all" in it's system settings menu.  That is the factory reset function on the PX-5S.  The PX-560 simply calls it what it is, factory reset.  The instructions on the PX-560 firmware update says "initialize all", which is PX-5S terminology for factory reset. As to your other question, I'm pretty sure pressing the tempo buttons while powering up is simply a shortcut to the same factory reset function you see in the menu. 

OK, thanks Brad-I was also thinking, if the firmware upgrade locks up the PX560 (didn't happen with mine)-using the up down keys is another way to Initialize-since you might not be able to access the menu if this were to happen-again, just a guess but is definitely a good idea if i am right.

Hi to all,

I have discovered that ZLT files won't be seen in you thumb drive unless you assign Hex Layer sound to upper 1,

also ZTN file type won't be seen unless you assign other type but not Hex Layer sound to upper 1.

Not sure about other file types example for drums etc.

This is very confusing, you should be able to see all files regardless of what you assign to upper 1 and be able to load it regardless.

I wish this to be fixed in the next firmware update please Casio.

• Like 1