Video Files on Forum ×

Sustain pedal does not work for arpeggiator

Zex

Hey!

Is there a way to hold arpeggios by a pedal?

I need to have arpeggios running in order to use hands for other operations

atm sustain pedal just holds the pressed notes not the sequence, so arpeggios stop running if I remove fingers

thanks

13 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Press menu>arpeggiator> press "hold" to turn arpeggio hold on.  By pedal, it's not possible.

thank you that partially solves by problem

11 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Dave, I checked it out in the manual.  It can be done on the PX-5S, but not the PX-560, unless I'm missing something.

I couldn't find it either, there's only Hold1 parameter but it's just repeats the sustain pedal

8 hours ago, DaveMcM said:

OK how about this. Of course this idea will only work if Zex has the 3 pedal unit. Trigger the desired notes for the arpeggiator and the press and hold the Sustenuto pedal. As an alternative, he could get a MIDI Solutions Footswitch Controller with a seperate footswitch and program it to transmit sustenuto.

I have the 3 pedal unit, but the sostenuto pedal does not holds arpeggios as well, no assignable parameter exists in the controller settings...

Wait, this just in... how about creating your own rhythm style that consists of just the arpeggiated notes you need. Then you could store a registration that not only calls up that rhythm (arp) with the correct sound, but also the live keyboard sound(s), effect settings, etc.

“Sorry to not let go of this. But I haven’t had a gig in over two months and I’ve programmed everything I needed for hopeful incoming gigs 🙏 weeks ago. It’s nice to have something to occupy my brain. Plus I love solving these kind of problems.” 

Dave, you're in the right place!  Look at some of my PX560 questions, not all of which had answers but certainly kept my braincells (both of them) occupied.  Besides-whatever i can't do with the PX560-I can do with my Equinox.....hhee...heee...and they midi up nicely together. Still trying to figure out how to....make a hex layer organ....that can be controlled with my Equinox drawbars...could have been...but there are no PX560 CC messages that can change expression or volume or for individual layers in a hex layer...so i just play the Equinox organs. another nice trick in case you haven't come across it yet-if you use the "duet" mode on the PX560-you end up with a double-manual 44-key hamond organ key layout-with your choice of any 2 different organ settings on each side of the PX keyboard-very nice for simulating 2-hand playing with separate stops for each hand. Always had trouble getting a nice comp tone on the left hand with a lead in the right-until I discovered this on the PX560. 

• Like 2

On 5/1/2020 at 4:18 PM, DaveMcM said:

Wait, this just in... how about creating your own rhythm style that consists of just the arpeggiated notes you need. Then you could store a registration that not only calls up that rhythm (arp) with the correct sound, but also the live keyboard sound(s), effect settings, etc.

“Sorry to not let go of this. But I haven’t had a gig in over two months and I’ve programmed everything I needed for hopeful incoming gigs 🙏 weeks ago. It’s nice to have something to occupy my brain. Plus I love solving these kind of problems.” 

Unfortunately not very useful in my case, I compose live usually, so I do not know what I need beforehand