Video Files on Forum ×

Which Casio is Good for Live Music Recording?

Indeed you could specify more what you would want from it: 

1. Do you need 88 weighted keys or just keyboard keys?

2. Do you need it for mainly piano sound or for rhythms?

3. What would your budget be?

I could just suggest the Casio PX-S3000 as probably the one that would satisfy your needs and probably over.

It has 88 weighted keys but it's also packed with other instruments, and it's also an arranger.

But for more of a Live Playing gig, the PX-5S would also be a great Pro choice, as it's mainly focused for Stage Settings scenarios

in case you don't really need an arranger. This one you could probably find it used around $500 - 600.

There is also the PX-560 that is an amazing piano and arranger + workstation.

You may want to consider one of the older WK or CTK series-I had no trouble with timing, stutter or anything with the CTK6200-and the CTK7000/7200 is if anything a better upgrade, as well as the WK7500/7600. sounds are AHL, except for the PX560, very good "bread and butter" sounds. Not so good with GM sounds, but I've heard worse GM tones on more expensive instruments, and the sequencers and rhythm accompaniments work well.

If you have the money-get a PX560 or PX5s-PX-S3000 looks good, very close to the PX560 a little less expensive but for stage use I'd stick to the PX5s. The older CZs, HTs do not have the quality acoustic/electric pianos or more realistic organ tones as the WK/CTK or PX series, nor drum samples if you need that for live recording. Even the CGP or CDPs have pretty substantial selections of very usable sounds-700 in all. I have a CDP230r, and although not quite up to the PX560 soundwise, I would readily use on a live gig locally. Like the WK/CTK series, has the AHL sound engine and so far has been a very solid performer for me. I actually prefer the build quality of the CDP230 to my other Privias-a little heavier but very solid feeling construction. and i understand the more recent CDP350 bumps up the CDP230 by a bit, if you can find one at a good price-I can't! 

• 4 weeks later...