Video Files on Forum ×

RichB

RichB

Another clarification: what comes from Line In can be recorded with the Audio Recorder, but not what comes from Audio In.

If you need to do a midi recording over an existing audio track (that's my wild guess), I would record the first midi track while listening to that track (no need for it to go through the keyboard), then record any additional midi tracks over the first one (without listening to the original audio track, as that would require to manually make both be in sync), and then mix it with a computer. You can use free software like Audacity.

Butting in (again apologies) although the PX560 has no midi clock in or out to sequence in sync with external midi gear-on the suggestion of another Casio-er (made that up) I discovered tha the timing mechanism internally from the PX560 is accurate enough to sync manually as Andrew L says above-with other equipment-depends upon how accurate the other equipment's internal clock is too. but I have tried this with several other midi pieces and it works, and stays in sync afor at least several minutes-haven't checked longer timespans to see if it drifts. The other nice thing about the 2 recorders in the PX560-if i have a midi recorder multitrack, which I can now record as a wav file into the PX560 audio recorder, yes you can now play along and record further tracks with the midi recorder along with your already recorded audio recorder recording. with 17 tracks, I don't usually need to do this, but since the internal clock in the PX560 seems so accurate, it is a nice tool to have. Unlike a DAW for recording audio-only one audio track can be recorded. and the fidelity-tested through various mixing/recording equipment-is pretty good, if all your balance setting are not overdriving or "underdriving" the PX560 or recording equipment. as Brad has described in another post-set all level in the mixer to optimize what gets recorded with the audio recorder from a midi recording-it will effect how "hot" the audio recording is.