Video Files on Forum ×

Xwp1 performance not saving settings

Monaro

Hey there :)
Can anyone help out with a performance / mixer question on the xwp1?
I am creating performances and what happens is that I get all the levels right both in the zones and the mixer, save it, go to a different performance and then back again and all the settings have changed.
This is in both the mixer and zones. 
I have tried everything I can think of. 
No matter what I change in the mixer, levels, dsp on/off, etc, it doesn't save and dsp keeps applying in drum tracks and this can't be altered either. 
The only thing I can come up with now is that the dsp has something to do with it all.

It doesn't seem to change if dsp isn't being used.
Any help would be great as I have an upcoming show. 

• Like 1

How are you saving the performance-are you using the "write" button? I may be asking a stupid question-but if you are not getting a new window showing where to save this edited performance, in an empty user slot, your edits will not be saved. If you are doing this correctly and still losing your edits, there is something wrong with the XP.

Pushing "setting-enter-initialize-enter" will factory initialize the XW-but it will erase any user performances, tones or sequences you may have created already so you need to save all those with the software editor and computer first. This might clear this if it is a temporary glitch or bug.

Hi there, checked performance filters and everything is set to off. 

I tried turning it all on just to see what would happen and there was no sound.

Is there anything else I can check for? 

Sometimes if I change patches the dsp doesn't seem to change and  dsp delay will switch off. And if I keep changes patches it will start again. 

My xws are on the final os update. 

Has anyone else had this happen? 

I can make a video or share my "all data" file if that helps at all to show what I'm doing. 

It would be interesting to see if it does the same thing on anyone else's xws. 

Both my p1 and g1 do this so I don't think it's a manufacturing fault. 

I'm not fully certain yet but I think it was to do with the step sequencer pattern that was holding on to the settings. 

I selected the step sequencer and then turned of the dsp for each drum track and now all my presets are working fine. 

I'm hoping that's all it was :)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Lorran Henrique said:

Hello, I have the same problem here. I'm adding things like reverb and release, if I change the performance and go back to the previous performance, everything will be lost.

Release (time?)... If that's what you are referring to, that would be in tone editing mode.  Edits made to a tone has to be saved as a user tone, not as a performance.  

14 hours ago, Lorran Henrique said:

Hello, I have the same problem here. I'm adding things like reverb and release, if I change the performance and go back to the previous performance, everything will be lost.

Its a very strange system for sure. 

As Brad said, any tone edits need to be saved in the tone itself first.

The mz2000 was great how you could do most anything you want and it could all be saved as a registration in two button presses. 

For the xw, I have just found that what ever it is that I need to change, it needs to be changed from the correct "perspective" if it is to be saved. 

So in my case even though I was using performance mode, I had to go in to step sequencer mode and then make my changes in the mixer because the step sequencer was controlling the drums, then go back to performance mode to save for the mixer settings to be saved as part of the performance. 

So all areas need to be addressed individually for saving to work properly. 

Not very intuitive at all but I got there hahaha. 

• 2 years later...

Revisiting this series of posts for 2 reasons.  

1) Nobody actually verified that they had "written"-saved the performance-and the sequence in question. When switching from performance to performance, nothing will be saved unless you hit "write", name the new performance and hit enter and "yes" when asked if you are sure you want to save this. One of the first things I learned from watching Mike Martin's videos was the concept of always "writing", even the smallest of edits you are making, in any mode, from tones to performances.

2) I only just reviewed this procedure from "funnzie"-one of his videos very quickly describes the relationship between saving/writing the sequencer and the performance. After all these years this stlil was not clear until I watched and listened to funnzie's video several times. here it is in a simple nutshell...

Whatever you create in the sequencer-"write" it-immediately. Now, if you want that sequence to be saved as part of your performance-do not change to a different sequence-change directly to performance mode-and now you must also write-or re-write/save  into a NEW performance. All this must be done using "user" memory slots, not factory preset performances or sequences-although one can call up a factory sequence-and go to performance mode, and "write" (save) the new performance, but now your performance will have that last selected sequence, not you newly created or edited sequence. Why is it critical to go directly from your sequence to performance mode to write everything? Because when you call up a user performance-it will automatically select the last sequence you called up in sequence mode, and then you will save the performance with that sequence already inserted. And unless you save both the sequence and the performance together using "write" the 2 will not be connected in your new performance.