Video Files on Forum ×

Rhythm Conversions

Just Alex

And this is the last one for today. So far, most advanced one I ever did. This style is created from scratch, this is not a conversion and is made for a great song by The Beach Boys - "California Girls"  This style will have it's big, "commercial" brother, with more detailed and longer patterns, but even this one is way better than anything already available for this song, including Tyros/Genos and other high end workstations :)

cgirls2.ac7

• Thanks 1

Digging into S970 and other high-end Yamaha keyboard styles currently. And found out a funny thing - while these keyboards can have up to 16 tracks in a style, if you look inside, actual sounds are just overdubs, so whole premium style can be thinned down to 2 drum tracks+1 bass line and 5-6 chording tracks :)

• Like 1

To make things clear, I will use the following labels for style marking. CONVERSION - These are styles I've converted from Yamaha/Korg/etc. They are free. For the styles I've created from scratch, I'll use tag CUSTOM. This means that styles marked with that tag are made by me for commercial purposes (I'm planning to sell them on etsy later), and I'm posting here a stripped down (but still very very usable) version with less instruments, simplified tracks and so on.

CUSTOM: Eddy Huntington - "USSR" - Nice Italo Disco track from late 80s. Lite version posted here has no intro, only Main, Fill A-B and Variation, but still very usable.

USSR4.ac7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alex!

Kudos on getting back to work! Best Wishes! Do you by any chance happen to have a good country style 2 Step to fit songs like San Antonio Rose or On The Road Again? I would be really grateful if you could upload it then I shall not bug you no more! Peace out!!

RickyLee

Idaho, USA

Yes I have all kinds of styles, the problem is I'm not familiar with that kind of music too well, so I don't know which version you're referring to. For example, for "san antonio rose" has hundreds of different of arrangement on youtube, and I have no idea which one is "correct". So if you can provide link to a "proper" example, that would be great.

Please post sample song links, so I'd know for which version you're looking for :)

From U.S. Country music performers I really know only Dolly Parton, due to her A+++ grade udders :P

And for others. CUSTOM: Arabesque - "Born to reggae". Slow dance style pop reggae from early 80's Germany. (Yeah, everybody was Kung Fu fighting, oh sorry, doing reggae, that period, even Germans )

brg6.zip

Alex:

The three above are samples of the rhythms I am looking for, as far as oldies go. I could really use some 4/4 ballads or swing rhythms that may be Ketron rhythms converted. If you have any others that might fit into these categories..please include in a zip file if you have the time. If I knew how to convert these files I would take a crack at it. I sort of have a learning disability that makes it hard for me to understand complicated things...hard to explain. Some of it may be my age..who knows. Do you have any converted rhythms from Korg at all? Just curious. Korg is my my #1 choice but I haven't seen any of those anywhere.

Thanks so much

God Bless

Rick M.

Idaho/USA

As said earlier, I have everything, the problem is time :) I'll try to upload ketron/korg styles separately.

Meanwhile, here is CUSTOM: Sofia Rotaru - "Lavanda" - a smooth, ballroom style song, with some French flair. It is loosely based on Leonard Kohen's "Dance me till the end of love". I'm using CT-X series ability to have more than 1 measure long fill-ins, so here Fill in B is actually variation C. There are intro and ending too.

lavanda.2.ac7

Hi Alex!!

I did as you asked. I was able to monitor the sound of each style with One Man Band app and I chose the following I would like to use on the CTX-5000. They are as follows:

Bluegrass 118 sty

Bluegras 2 116 sty

Kramer 87 sty

Country Rock 1

Country 1

Country 2-Step

Country Pop 2

Country Pop 3

Country Slow 1

Maybe they could be sent in a zip file?  I so appreciate your effort.  I think I have or had some of them in a Korg PA 80 file year ago. I didn't do any of the conversions as I am totally un-knowing as to how to do such a thing. I truly miss the Korg styles...Rock and Country that would work on the PA 50 and Micro-arranger. Oh well!!

I will look forward to these. Thank you so much. Peace Out!!!

Rick M

Idaho

USA