Video Files on Forum ×

Problem registering my PX-S3000 and using the discount code

Patrick Doyle

I'm sorry to air my dirty laundry here.  I will happily delete this post when this gets resolved.  But I don't know where else to turn.

I finally got around to registering my PX-S3000 a few weeks ago and was pleased to receive a 30% discount coupon for an an accessory purchase.  (Aside... I'm kicking myself now for not having done that before I bought the carrying case -- which I LOVE BTW).

Anyway, when I tried applying the discount code to purchase an SP-34, I was told that it was invalid.  Then I noticed that there was a "Redeem Now" link in the email.  I tried clicking on that link and FIrefox told me that there was a security problem with the site.

I tried going the through the registration process again and got the same results.

I tried telling Firefox to ignore the security violation and that allowed me to visit the site, but the discount code still didn't work.

I tried filling out a customer support request form online at the Casio site and nothing happened when I clicked the "Submit" button.  (Yes, I checked for error messages and made sure I clicked the "I am not a robot" checkbox).

I tried calling Customer Support and got a recording saying that due to COVID-19, telephone customer support is no longer available.

I tried emailing Customer support (on 9/30) and received the automated "Your request has been received" email response, but have not heard anything since.

I know that his is all COVID-19 related, but I have still have 2 questions/requests:

• How do I know if my PX-S3000 has been registered properly so that the warranty support is upgraded from 1 year to 3 years?
  • How can I claim the 30% accessory discount code so that I can purchase an SP-34

I don't know if @Mike Martincan help me with this.  And I do request that this public forum post be deleted (if I cannot delete it myself) once these two questions are answered.

Thanks

--wpd

Usually we are directed not to contact Mike through the PM (private email) when we are asking routine questions-my experience has been-that he must monitor our user group when he can-and will respond without sending a PM. Speaking from experience-a few problems I've encountered with Casio problems I cannot solve, and that the other administrators can't help with-that I guess must go officially to Mike-he has responded here. Just my opinion but this problem seems to fit that latter category. I'm sure he'll notice it and yes it is frustrating how many walls I've hit that are due to the Covid pandemic-in ways that no-one could possibly foresee. Medical, legal, neighborhood activities, food and other supplies, volunteerism-if not completely gone, at best major slowdowns almost at every turn. I've had to wait 2 months for routine dental exams, and doctor visits. I've had my mail deliveries go across the country and back without being delivered-not kidding-and twice in the last month! You are not alone. 

Here's what the email from casio@regconfirmation.com said:

Our Customer Service Department will need your Confirmation Number and Purchase Date to assist you with any warranty issues, please keep a copy in your records. 

Confirmation Number: WPHJTB25 
Model Number: PX-S3000 
Purchase Date: 2020-03-21 

Find the right accessory for your new keyboard. 
Go to www.shopcasio.com and use the coupon code below and receive 20% off your next purchase. 

Code: DISC20EMI 

Please note: this offer is valid for 14 days from date of product registration. 

Redeem Now 

I just now realized that it said "20%" not the "30%" I mentioned previously.  Another victim of the COVID-19 pandemic -- my glasses broke about 1 month in, and I didn't get a new pair until last week.  So, when I read it previously, I thought it said "30%".  (True story! 🙂 )

I would happily have trusted the Confirmation Number given in the email and not given it a second thought if the discount code and "Redeem Now" links had worked.  When they didn't, and when I couldn't get a response any other way, I figured I would give it some time and then ask here.  (Some people might claim that I am somewhat forgetful... I choose to say that I am patient).

Perhaps this was a scam... but if it was, it was one that I "fell for" by clicking through https://www.casio.com/support/registration/, and if that's a scam, then Casio's infosec and/or legal team should be made aware of it.

FWIW, I read the bit about extending my 1 year warranty to 3 years by registering my product in a post on 9/4 in the "POWER ISSUE ON PX S-3000" topic in this forum.

If the answers are, "My PX-S3000 is warrantied for 3 years whether I register it or not" and "sorry, there are no 20% discount codes offered by Casio", then I'll call this done, delete this thread (or request that it be deleted) and apologize for the noise.

--wpd

Patrick,

Casio's online store just switched platforms. I suspect the coupon code is not valid on the new system. I'm still working on this and I'll get back to you with a private message with details on how to redeem a coupon. 

Your warranty is extended per the confirmation number you received. 

• Like 2