Video Files on Forum ×

Revoicing a midifile

BigFoot69

Hello everybody,

Juste a newbie question...

I've load a midifile via the USB key, but the CTX used GM voices.

I've understood tha i have to revoice the midifile before...

I have the habit to use CUbase. I've downloaded the instruments definition file.

Please tell if i'm right or wrong :

- I open the midi files in cubase

- I affect instruments to tracks with the instruments definition file for casio CTX (for example track 9 set to 181 AMP FINGERED BASS MSB 38 / PC33 instead of GM FINGERED BASS)

- i save the midifile, put it on usb key

- Now i can play it on my keyboard with right instruments ? (so with the 181 AMP FINGERED BASS)

Thanks 😉

On 10/14/2020 at 5:39 PM, BigFoot69 said:

Hello everybody,

Juste a newbie question...

I've load a midifile via the USB key, but the CTX used GM voices.

I've understood tha i have to revoice the midifile before...

I have the habit to use CUbase. I've downloaded the instruments definition file.

Please tell if i'm right or wrong :

- I open the midi files in cubase

- I affect instruments to tracks with the instruments definition file for casio CTX (for example track 9 set to 181 AMP FINGERED BASS MSB 38 / PC33 instead of GM FINGERED BASS)

- i save the midifile, put it on usb key

- Now i can play it on my keyboard with right instruments ? (so with the 181 AMP FINGERED BASS)

Thanks 😉

You can assign user tones to different tracks too 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Little by little, I dive into the casio and the improvement of my midi files.
I know how to revoice tracks with my instruments, I know how to put reverb.

But I can't find the MIDI CC for the delay...

- Reverb (MIDI-Event Controller 91) : reverb depth
 - Chorus (MIDI-Event Controller 93): chorus depth
 - Variation (MIDI-Event Controller 94): ?

Does anyone know which midi CC is used for the delay?
And can we change the reverb / delay /chorus type or their parameters?

Regards buddies 😉

Is there a midi implementation chart for the CTX? there should be a written description of the specific CC Casio uses for delay-if there is one. Not all keyboards are set up to utilize a CC for delay. My PX560 uses CC 94 to control the send level of the delay only, not its rate or any other aspect of a delay's possible settings. I can't find the chart for the CTX.

Unfortunately I think I'm going to have the same problem.

I found the messages for the reverb (CC91) and chorus (CC93). I guess the delay must also be CC94 (Cubase tells me "modulation"?).

I think I found the sysex to change the reverb type and duration, same for the chorus settings but nothing about the delay.

I'm afraid that you can't change the type of delay and even less its parameters... just "send" it..;

Here is a casio doc on the CTX midi implementation... even more readable and pleasant than the manual;

CT-X3000-midi-imple_EN.pdf

That's right, the 94 controller is a delay, only it is the system delay (as well as the chorus and reverb), and not the delay of the DSP effect. It seems to me that there is no access to digital effects DSP on midi on the casio CT X. And the delay parameters can be changed as usual, as on the chorus or reverb controllers, from 0 (off) to 127 (maximum)

yep, by "basic" CC you can access to the send level of reverb, delay and chorus.

I'm wondering if by sysex i can access to the "tone control" (dsp, etc).

Already, I'm sure i can change the type of reverb, not sure for the chorus, no hope for delay (lol).

I'll try this evening with midiox... maybe I'll see what comes out of the casio and what I can send from cubase...

I'll make a feedback tomorrow during the day...

So, I did some tests last night.

So we can run a lot of things in CC and PC (see the midi sheet above in this topic).

For sysex, I managed to change the type of reverb but that's about it...

So, I don't know if I'm typing the wrong sysex or if its parameters are just not reachable...

I'll try to make you a summary table of the CCs that I can use and the few sysex that I know work...