Video Files on Forum ×

Metronome

Kaladin405

OK.. I'm a newbie... 

I recently bought a PX-560M.

I am trying to get used to playing with the built in metronome, and have also tried the AC7 metronome pack.

The triangle sound is simply jarring, for me, from *any* metronome. It kills my ability to play in time. I have figured out how to turn it *off* with the Rhythm editor, but I *need* the distinct beat sound.

I just need it to be a different sound..

Like a bass drum or something.

Is such a thing possible? If so, how?

Page EN-70-"menu/balance" allows you to adjust the loudness of the metronome too, relative to your live playing-very handy. You might also like to know, something I had to find out with trial and error-the 560 has a very accurate internal clock-if you ever need to use other musical equipment or a DAW in sync with the PX560-even though the 560 doesn't have what is known as 'clock sync"-I have been able to set 2-3 different music devices to match the tempo of my 560-and it works perfectly. I use other arranger modules and keyboards with sequencers, and I've been able to sync these together just by setting the right tempo marks for each device. Just passing it on, I've posted this info somewhere around here....as this is pretty impressive, and in my experience does not often work right with other midi equipment without a real midi sync "clock".

On 1/18/2021 at 2:04 PM, Kaladin405 said:

Thanks folks... but ..

can I change the bell / triangle sound to a different sound?

The manual says nothing about being able to change the metronome sound. If the triangle sound that is used is also one of the playable sounds from the keyboard, you may be able to edit that sound to your liking and save the change, though I have my doubts that it would be that easy. On the other hand, why not just record a one measure sequence playing quarter notes using whatever sound you like? You can still adjust playback tempo just like the stock metronome. Problem solved. ;)

4 hours ago, DaveMcM said:

On the other hand, why not just record a one measure sequence playing quarter notes using whatever sound you like? You can still adjust playback tempo just like the stock metronome. Problem solved. ;)

Roger that.. now to figure out how to do that. 😉