Video Files on Forum ×

Casio GP-510 Froze

Hello folks,

Brand new to the forum with a problem. GP510 is only a few weeks old, been enjoying the beautiful sounds until tonight. Recorded couple of minutes of playing, enjoyed the playback from a distant, browsed the song on youtube (learning) and piano is dead when I hit any keys. Turned of and on a few times and consistently only see lit up screen, no screen display, no sound when pressing any keys. Any suggestions other than calling the store for support. TIA

Afternoon folks,

Update –

Monday, Regional Sales Manager called me for more details

Tuesday, I received call and text from both RSM and store manager to schedule swapping out for brand new GP-510 unit

Wednesday, unit was delivered and setup by store technician…..and beautiful Casio hybrid sounds were floating around the house once again.

I just want to say “Wow!” That is world class service Casio provided their customer, and I couldn’t be happier with this level of service. This was plan B btw.

Plan A was to send a technician to assess, schedule a second service call with new parts for replacement. Both store manager and RSM felt this would take too long to resolve, interrupts customer’s work schedules to entertain a number of service calls and awaits for next steps etc…..

They went with plan B!  Thank you, CASIO!!!

• Like 3

I emailed a request for assistance on the bobbling hammers issue to cms@casio.com on 12-21-20 and was provided a request number (335077) stating it "has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff."

It has been more than 3 months since that original request for assistance, and the matter has not yet been resolved, although there has been intermittent communication from Casio and that "parts are on backorder, requiring a delay of 2-3 weeks."

It's good your issue was resolved quickly.

10 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

I emailed a request for assistance on the bobbling hammers issue to cms@casio.com on 12-21-20 and was provided a request number (335077) stating it "has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff."

It has been more than 3 months since that original request for assistance, and the matter has not yet been resolved, although there has been intermittent communication from Casio and that "parts are on backorder, requiring a delay of 2-3 weeks."

It's good your issue was resolved quickly.

His issue was resolved quickly because he was able to get it swapped from a local dealer where he purchased it.  As we've discussed, you purchased yours from a dealer that shipped the unit out of state, violating our policies. Getting parts from overseas when all shipping lines are backed up and coordinating in-home service during Covid hasn't been easy, so we appreciate your patience. 

• Like 2

I get it. However, I couldn't find any dealer or was aware of any dealer in my state selling the Grand Hybrids at the time, and that includes two major cities: St. Louis (my home town) and Kansas City. 

I don't think you can fault the buyer for doing what he or she can to purchase the instrument when there's no local dealer in the state that the buyer is aware of to accommodate the buyer. Neither can you expect the buyer to be aware that the seller was violating Casio policy. I certainly wasn't aware.

Mike is on the case, so you can be assured it will be taken care of as soon as possible, I promise. He offers a good explanation for why things are taking longer.  I sense frustration in not being able to help more quickly, rather than any blame. Unfortunately covid has really screwed up supply lines.  Everyone is doing the best they can given the situation.  I spent last week building a new computer, but can't get a new graphics card for it because supplies are stretched thin.  Here is an article I recently read on the shipping issues.  I thought everything was gonna be fine once we could find toilet paper again.  Boy was I wrong.  🥴