Video Files on Forum ×

Android compatibility on Chordana for Piano and PX S 1100

ERL

Hi, Casio

I have bought a digital piano Casio PX S 1100 and has previously used the PX S 1000. Using these Privita pianos I recently discovered that Chordana Play for Piano does not work through a bluetooth connection from my Android Huawei MediPad M3 with Android version 7.0 when I want to activate the Piano Remote Control inside Chordana Piano. 

Why does the app not support Android OS from i.e 6.0 and upwards?

Edited by ERL
I discovered the info on the app info page on Google Play

The d** shame of these Android and Apple platforms for phones and tablets-we users are trapped, as Microsoft trapped us (why Linux took off)-to updating equipment to get the "newest" "more better" operating system-and then, our other applications don't work. It stinks IMO and i can't blame the instrument manufacturers.  I have Android tablets that are pretty much useless now since these can't update their operating systems-even if you know how to root and burn your own-the processors will not always allow for the upgrade or custom ROM. 

I was willing to buy an Pad just to use the apps dedicated to that platform-even though I already need to know how to run 4 different operating systems-including MacIntosh, 3 versions of Windows and several versions of Android (and Linux) until I realized-not all iPads were compatible with the excellent Midi Designer for the XW's and which never ported over to the Android platform-for probably very logical reasons.  By the time I figured this all out-i forgot what i was looking for in the first place.

I'm currently using a Windows platform software program for my Casios-which although maybe not quite what you are looking for, has some similarities to its ipad and Android counterparts-Chordana.  if you have a Windows machine-its called midi4Casio and its posted here-I had trouble finding it-had to spend alot of time, looking for an alternative and it works well for what it does. Very similar to Chordana-strange it was only released by Casio in Russia, it is an official Casio program.  Maybe Casio doesn't think musicians in the US are smart enough to figure this one out? :roll:Notice the directions for changing the .ini file to make this work in English-I had to do that. And I learned how to fly this spaceship and I live in the US, so I hope Casio is paying attention!!!

:spacecraft-1:

https://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/4931-how-to-convert-midi-into-a-lesson/