Video Files on Forum ×

Can't login with my original credentials

Jokeyman123

Having a strange problem logging in here. In my one computer, no problem, I get right in with Firefox. But with my android devices and my other computers logging in with my identical user name and password, it asks me for my email address. Is the forum using some new way of logging in? There was a posting here that sign-in security was changing, but I did not notice if there was going to be a different way to login. I suspected my other browser (Waterfox similar to Firefox) but then I'm getting the same prompt in my android browsers, to input my email address, even if I put my original user ID and password. I also noticed yesterday-seemed like almost no-one was logged in with their user IDs, most online users were logged in as "guests". Is there something wrong with the forum or is it just my settings? Never had a problem before, I've not changed my credentials either.

It isn't clear. I don't have to do this with my saved logins-right on this computer, I am not being prompted to enter my email at all and here i am.   And do we use the email instead of our user ID? That doesn't seem to be working either. Even if I delete my user ID from the login, and use my email instead-or leave the ID and additionally enter my email when it prompts me to, still not working. I saw the announcement, but it was not clear as to how this would replace the old method of logging in. If the post is still around, I'll read it again.

It's very simple to login for me and not even hard to login with email id or display name...

I tried to login on unknown or different browsers with my email id and password. It logins quickly and easily. And I also save the password on different browser of PC and both Android phone and iPhone. I didn't got any problem.

There was an announcement to login by using username / display name, which is changed for some security purposes. The new announcement was also available there. 🙂