Video Files on Forum ×

Way to Quickly Turn Local Control Off During Live Performance

I have a CTK-7200 (also a back up WK-7600), along with a PX350 for live performance.

I am starting to process of supplementing the CTK-7200 with VSTs, using Gig Performer as the hub.

It seems like the CTK-7200 is a decent baseline embark on this transition because the 9 sliders (when the Drawbar Organ Band is selected) seem to be able to send midi commands.  (I'll mostly use for volume). (And I can continue to also use all the sounds I have programmed for different songs in my CTK-7200).

So, here is my questions.  If I, in the middle of a live performance,  I want to quickly move from using the CTK-7200's internal  sounds to using it solely as a midi controller, is there a quick way to turn off Local Control?  Obviously, if I could avoid it, it would be better if I did not have to dig into the Function menu when I am making this switch for a particular song.

I was thinking maybe there is a creative way to incorporate a User Tone or even a Registration (I would prefer to use up a User Tone than A Registration).

Maybe if I created a single saved Drawbar User Tone that did not create an audible tone, that would work?   

Any other ideas are welcome.

Thanks,

Jeff

Edited by jeffn1

First, thank you so much for responding! 

I understand, but I am running out of Registrations (and swapping out SD Card banks is not so appealing).

Actually I think the best option for me may be to save a Drawbar Organ that does not generate any sound (so it puts the sliders in drawbar mode, sending midi commands).

If you think that would work, any quick thoughts on creating a drawbar organ sound that is silent? 

On Drawbar Preset 1 setting the Od level to zero might have done the trick...

Edited by jeffn1

Can you edit the tones? maybe reduce the amp envelopes to zero-don't remember, I don't have my CTK anymore-just guessing. or create a filter setting that will completely filter your organ tone-maybe a combination of these. Might still get a click in the attack even with zero envelopes and completely filtering out the tone, jbut maybe not just a thought. 

Thanks, Jokeyman, it seems like setting the Od level to zero on Drawbar Preset No. 1 (Drawbar Org 1) is  working.  I am not hearing anything out of the CTK-7200, but it seems to sending out midi data properly.

This is all a big learning curve for me.  No rushing it.  My CTK-7200 and PX350 will continue to handle even new songs (And I am not going to worry about using up my Registrations.)

Jeff