Video Files on Forum ×

New WK series in the pipeline???

Just wanted to know if Casio will launch a WK-X series like the CT-X series?? I'm looking forward to an update for the WK-7600 series with extra features like audio over USB, Bluetooth, few assignable knobs, sssignable Pads, proper modulation wheel or Joystick, 128 note polyphony etc. Basically an higher version of CT-X series Keyboards?

At present Casio does not have a product in the Rs. 35000 to 50000 category. The Korg has the EK50 (with modulation wheel) but it barely competes with the CT-X series. And Roland recently launched the EX50 (which is a crap keyboard) with the only highlight being the 256 mote polyphony; EX50 cannot compete with the CT-X series. 

Mind you, I'm interested in Arranger workstation and not the Vocal synthesis Keyboard recently launched by Casio (though they are really cool!) Any rumours about New Casio WK Series???

I hope so too, but I am more looking for newer CT-X models (CT-X710, CT-X810, CT-X3100, CT-X5100) with more tones and rhythms, and maybe a CT-X8100IN and CT-X9100IN to go along. Maybe a WK-X series might be incoming sometime, or WK-S series? I think though with the CT-S500 they are looking more into programmable gear, maybe they will release a WK-X or WK-S series. Casiotone was a big thing back in the 80's (it lasted for quite a few years) but I do have hopes they will release more standard keyboards next year with arranger functions. I also hope for a new LK model but that's another story.

Casio is still selling the WK6600 & WK 7600 as high grade keyboards. The 9 sliders should be assignable for more functions in the Upcoming models. Casio can at least update the sound engine of the WK series from the AHL (tri-element) to the AIX sound engine. Expression pedal should be also be added.

It will basically be a CTX5000 with sliders, knobs, Modulation whell/Joystick with more keys maybe and more polyphony. Or may be it will turn into an MZ X300!!

jibin-I am watching for these new releases myself. Owning and playing the PX-560 and XW-P1 has kept me from adding other Casios, but i have owned other Casios indlucing CDP and CTK's-the newer AIX sounds got me interested, but drawbars on the XW spoiled me, kept me from going for one of the CTX's, and the newest voice-modeling Casio doesn't have enough features to pull me towards it, the vocal processing-I've tried vocoders, voice-modeling DSP's, a good spftware or hardware sampler/sample editor with DSPs can do plenty for human voice mangling for my taste!

There was one more suggestion that I want Casio to implement in the upcoming WK series, if possible. i.e a MIDI button that will turn the WK Keyboard into a MIDI Keyboard making its sliders, knobs, buttons, pads, mod/pitch wheel etc fully assignable on a DAW. (preferably with FL Studio). 

Actually, I wished if this was implemented on the MZ X series also. Maybe, it should be implemented on all Casio Keyboards. This will bring an end to all those MIDI Keyboard brands like MAudio, Akai, Nektar etc that only offer MIDI Keyboards without any inbuilt sounds. 

I mean a MIDI button for DAW integration and a PERFORMANCE Button for normal playing.

There are a few controllers that have auto-configuration/assign for DAWs, and 1-2 that have built in sounds, are synths that are designed as controllers. I never obtained one because these are always limited polyphony and usually 1-2 independent tracks if that, with only arpeggiators but many analog controls. The X-and K-Station Novations i think are like this, and i think the Arturias-the micro and minibrutes will auto-configure settings for a few DAWs but are usually DAW-specific-Logic etc. I have an Axiom 49 which has a "direct-link" function, but only for certain functions-will work with Protools, Logic, Reason, Cubase I see no FL studio. I haven't tried the Axiom with direct-link yet-I prefer more direct hardware functions rather than recording. editing with software, but I am a bit old-skool. And of course this is only a controller.

The new "extended" midi spec 2.0 is supposed to be able to incorporate many automated read/write functions not possible with the current midi specs-but will be expensive, probably not backward compatible with existing midi, and will need entirely new hardware/software to work. Not looking too good.

Maybe you are right, but its a good feature to have. No need to own 2 separate keyboards for Performance and DAW. I was expecting something like the Roland FA series which has that DAW controller feature. 

I believe that Casio can at least implement it in its flagship keyboards (upcoming or present) like the MZ X series and the legendary PX-5S. If Casio manages to do that..... it will definitely set the market on FIRE!!!!

28 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

The new CT-S500 and 1000V have incorporated a MIDI controller mode, so they are already moving in that direction. 

Thanks for the information! I found this:

Looks very very promising to me!! Now I'm sure Casio can do it! Watch out MAudio, Akai etc!!! Casio is on the HUNT!

Speaking of MIDI mode, Yamaha already included a mode with customizable MIDI settings on the PSR-S workstation lineup, accessible from the settings menu. I really hope that Casio include this mode on future models, so you don't have to adjust the channel/local control/external clock one by one 

Yamaha already has it? Nice!

A time will come when people will stop buying MIDI controllers all together. You should be getting more than a MIDI controller. I personally think that a MIDI controller that cannot make any sound of its own is a waste. There should be more to it. 

I don't know if it is some kind of way to make more money by separating MIDI controllers, Workstations, arrangers, Synths, digital pianos etc. Will a time come when we have an all in one concept like an arranger workstation synth keyboard? (MZ X500 was very close...)