Video Files on Forum ×

Assignable pedal question

DaveMcM

I have a gig this Thursday with a trio where I will be playing left hand bass part of the time. In fact I'll need to turn on and off the split multiple times within certain songs. Having to read charts and sing into a mic makes it hard to quickly (accurately) press the appropriate area of the touch screen. So.... does anyone know if it is possible to assign the pedal to turn the bass split on and off?

Well if I want to take the easy way out. :)  Translation, "why didn't I think of that?" Then again it would still require taking a hand of the keyboard but at least it's easier to press a physical button versus the touch screen. Thanks for the idea.

Other ideas (I didn't try but I guess they can be done):

1. Have Split always enabled, have Lower 1 the same as Upper 1 and Lower 2 the bass. With the pedal, you turn off Lower 1 and turn on Lower 2 at the same time.
  2. Similarly, if you have an expression pedal, you could do the above but with volumes: at one extreme position Lower 1 is at the max and Lower 2 is at the minimum, and viceversa.
Edited by AndrewL
  • Like 2