Video Files on Forum ×

ARP Odyssey sound

Dirt

Has anyone posted an ARP Odyssey style sound for the PX-5S?

I have the Arturia Odyssey plugin, but would like to find something similar on the PX-5S to use without the computer.

I'm not well versed in creating my own PX-5S sounds, but would appreciate any pointers or links to how-to videos.

Thanx in advance for any help.

Which ARP Oddysey sound in particular? It was/is capable of a huge variety of sounds, you can that in its virtual emulation I'm sure-from ARP pianos (there are some in the PX560 not sure of the 5S) and its many variations-it used, basically-2 pulse width modulation oscillators which create a distinct tone but can be varied tremendously. Without being a sound programmer-I would go for what Brad said-test out the sounds in the member uploads for the PX5S-I'm sure you'll find some that sound close to the Oddysey as the PX5S is certainly capable of reproducing pulse width oscillator sounds/tones, maybe not exactly since the filter and other variables on the Oddysey contributed alot to its distinctive sound.