Video Files on Forum ×

QUESTIONS about forums searches and WK-6600 rhythms

I HAVE THREE QUESTIONS: 

1.  BEFORE SUBMITTING A QUESTION,  IS THERE A WAY TO SEARCH TO SEE IF MY KEYBOARD SPECIFIC QUESTION HAS ALREADY BEEN ASKED BY SOMEONE ELSE?

2.  WHERE DO YOU FIND GENERAL AND /OR KEYBOARD SPECIFIC QUESTIONS WITH ANSWERS PREVIOUSLY ASKED AND ANSWERED?

3.  HOW CAN I POST A KEYBOARD SPECIFIC QUESTION IF MY QUESTION HAS NOT YET BEEN SUBMITTED AND/OR ANSWERED BY ANOTHER MEMBER?

Edited by Brad Saucier
Clarified the title of the topic

1. Probably the best way to search is through Google.  Type in specific key words, like the model number and precise names of any functions on the keyboard you may have questions about.  Also type "site:www.casiomusicforums.com" in the search box along with keywords to see results from this site. 

2. You don't necessarily have to search for questions already answered.  This forum only recently started using the "solved" topic marker, so most of the history on this site doesn't have that, but we do have a ton of answered questions buried deep over the 10 plus years we've been here.  You'll find model specific sub forums or general forums you can browse. We've tried tried to keep it organized over the years, but a lot of stuff is general knowledge, so it applies to many different models.  

3. You could always post your questions anyways.  We'll either answer again, or refer you to a forum with the answer.  No worries either way. Have fun!  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aviatorboy said:

BEFORE SUBMITTING A QUESTION,  IS THERE A WAY TO SEARCH TO SEE IF MY KEYBOARD SPECIFIC QUESTION HAS ALREADY BEEN ASKED BY SOMEONE ELSE?

Do you not see the search field near the top of the page? Once you do a search, it gives you tips on how you might improve your search results.

10 hours ago, Aviatorboy said:

HOW CAN I POST A KEYBOARD SPECIFIC QUESTION IF MY QUESTION HAS NOT YET BEEN SUBMITTED AND/OR ANSWERED BY ANOTHER MEMBER?

Go to the topic area for the model you're asking about and post there. 

1 hour ago, Joe Muscara said:

Do you not see the search field near the top of the page? Once you do a search, it gives you tips on how you might improve your search results.

If viewing the web site on a phone, there is only a magnifying glass icon near the top of the page.  Tap on that, and it will take you to the page where you can enter search parameters.

• Like 1

Most times, I Google search as specifically as I can re whatever I need to know. Unfortunately for me, many times it finds one of my old posts I had forgotten about and I'm looking for an answer I already posted...oh well...wish i had a better memory, or at least any memory!  So I use Joe's and Brad's suggestions. Admittedly harder on a small screen smartphone. I use the senior citizen tehnique-I connect my computer to my 55" TV....😛😛

• Like 1

I must admit, 90% or more of my visits to this site are on my computer, so I often forget that the design "hides" a bit when on a smart phone. I'm not even sure what's shown on an iPad. So if my instructions neglect those platforms (ones that I use all the time for other things), my apologies.🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Joe for your response and suggesting that I just ask my question(s) here.  I'll have to do that because the Casio "search" feature isn't helpfu (and is very laborsome), nor can I find anything that specifically answers my question(s) on Google or YouTube. 

On the Casio WK-6600:
1. How can I apply a 3/4 time signature to a Rhythm? 
2. Aside from being able to edit a user rhythm, can new or other rhythms be downloaded? 

I have more questions but I'll stop at these two for now.  I appreciate any help you can offer.  Thank you. 

• Brad Saucier changed the title to QUESTIONS about forums searches and WK-6600 rhythms
6 minutes ago, Aviatorboy said:

1. How can I apply a 3/4 time signature to a Rhythm? 
2. Aside from being able to edit a user rhythm, can new or other rhythms be downloaded? 

1. Preset rhythm time signatures can't be changed.  You'll find some preset rhythms that are 3/4 time, any waltz rhythms for example.  

2. Yes new rhythms can be installed.  You'll find rhythms in the downloads section of the forums.