Video Files on Forum ×

Major Issue. Casio Privia PX-560M Drums Presets get randomly distorted after saving into user sets when used in Lowers

id_deegee
Go to solution Solved by Brad Saucier,

In short

Drums Presets get distorted after saving into user sets even a standard one without any changes.

Distortion effect depends on the drum set used or a cell selected for saving.

Bypassing all effects does not help

Not all cells are affected some are good for saving or at least have some minor distortions.

The distortion happens only if Lower sections are used for presets.

Restoring a preset from an USB stick does not help.

Restarting Piano does not help.

Edited by id_deegee

Brad is pointing you to the right solution. I discovered this several years ago-the only "bug" I've ever found in my PX560-and this is it. Check your firmware version-this was corrected in the last firmware update which is 1.16. Any firmware up to 1.15 will have this bug, and Casio corrected this when I found it and posted the problem here at this user group. It solved the problem I heard in your video. This is why there is a version 1.16 of the firmware, specifically to fix this. Sure wish Casio would add a few updates to the song recorder (hint) like some more cut and paste functions to tracks.....well can't hurt to ask.

1 hour ago, Brad Saucier said:

1 hour ago, Jokeyman123 said:

Brad is pointing you to the right solution. I discovered this several years ago-the only "bug" I've ever found in my PX560-and this is it. Check your firmware version-this was corrected in the last firmware update which is 1.16. Any firmware up to 1.15 will have this bug, and Casio corrected this when I found it and posted the problem here at this user group. It solved the problem I heard in your video. This is why there is a version 1.16 of the firmware, specifically to fix this. Sure wish Casio would add a few updates to the song recorder (hint) like some more cut and paste functions to tracks.....well can't hurt to ask.

Thank you, I didn't update because some people mentioned that Sleep mode got broken after update , Do you know if it's fixed in 1.16, release notes say nothing about this?

Probably I'll have to update anyway

30 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

The PX-560 does not have a sleep mode.  Where did you hear that?

Please update your firmware.  As Jokeyman mentioned, V1.16 was released specifically to correct the issue you are having.  

I meant, "Auto Power Off" function. It's very convenient when it turns off after a period of time

On 11/22/2023 at 10:32 PM, Brad Saucier said:

Auto power off was a concern with V1.14.  Jokeyman can probably confirm auto power off is functional in V1.16.  

Updated, the problem fixed. Thank you again.

I will make a comment about Power Off functionality, not tested yet

And btw it seems they also fixed the issue where you couldn't change AMP/Filter envelopes for some patches that had zero line graph (Y ) by default

UPDATE:

Auto "Power Off" works fine on 1.16

Edited by id_deegee
Power Off udpate
  • Like 1

Power off is fine on mine. I've also done alot of editing with several tones, never noticed a problem with any of the envelopes but maybe I wasnt paying much attention at the time. Also went through every drumkit, factory and edits-could not duplicate the hi-hat cutoff problem, must have been a temprorary software glitch. Mine's been pretty reliable but then I've never dropped it down the stairs...

Just did some recent uploads in the 560 section for user tones-all hex layers trying to capture some of the old essence of the CZ's using the simple sine, sawtooth, pulse and  square waves  if you are interested ID. I set up the 3 control knobs to vary cutoff, resonance and detuning-to emulate as close as I could older analog synths bu  with hex layer tones I created/uploaded. Without realizing quite what I was doing-discovered I could create a "superheterodyne" effect with these tones-with the 560-driving individual hex layers into super-oscillation even approaching ring modulation, pretty wild. But that's another post, giving myself some free publicity.....

:blah:        :www.MessenTools.com-Frutas-pianodance:

On 11/26/2023 at 1:41 AM, Jokeyman123 said:

Just did some recent uploads in the 560 section for user tones-all hex layers trying to capture some of the old essence of the CZ's using the simple sine, sawtooth, pulse and  square waves  if you are interested ID. I set up the 3 control knobs to vary cutoff, resonance and detuning-to emulate as close as I could older analog synths bu  with hex layer tones I created/uploaded. Without realizing quite what I was doing-discovered I could create a "superheterodyne" effect with these tones-with the 560-driving individual hex layers into super-oscillation even approaching ring modulation, pretty wild. But that's another post, giving myself some free publicity.....

Nice, I'll check them later, I don't have free user space for HEXe's :) I wish I could overwrite the in-built ones, most (95%) of which I don't use, But I need more space for my hexes, I don't like re-uploading them from  an USB-drive.