Video Files on Forum ×

S7000 noisy keybed...

I've never had the chance to try out a Casio keyboard before, so I'm a bit concerned about the noise coming from the keybed on the S7000 model. I've noticed that the white keys seem a tad quieter compared to the black ones, which tend to be much louder. Additionally, there's a noticeable bounce when releasing the keys, which can be quite irritating.

Is anyone else who owns this keyboard encountering similar issues?

Agree with Mike, its normal and nothing to worry about.  That actually sounds pretty quiet to me.  The sound you do hear is just part of how a hammer action works.  They also bounce some, which is normal.  Carry on playing your new PX-S7000 and congrats!  It's a fine instrument.  

• Like 1

Thank you for your replies, but I contacted Casio's technical support regarding the noisy S7000, which was indeed found to be faulty. The store promptly exchanged it, and I'm pleased to report that the replacement keyboard surpasses my expectations.

Also, how many times are we able to post in a 24 hour period?

I won't be using the provided stand (I may one day), but for the time being, the keyboard is sitting in a workstation. The cable connected to the fixed 3-pedal unit is too short. Is there an extension cable I can get to extend it? Thanks

I'm glad you were able to resolve it and have one that meets your expectations now.  As far as the pedal unit cable, I would look around for a standard 6 pin mini DIN PS/2 type extension cable (same port commonly used in the past for a computer mouse).  I can't personally confirm this, but it appears that would be compatible with the pedal unit cable.  

As far as posting limits, that is a temporary condition for all new members to help us keep out spammers.  Keep posting and you'll receive full member status soon.  

I purchased a standard 6 pin mini DIN PS/2 type extension cable. I'll let you know if it works.

Thanks guys!

Update: The mini DIN PS/2 type extension cable works perfectly. Thanks for the suggestion Brad.

Also, is there a way of adjusting the tension on the pedals?

Edited by dlp
  • Like 2

On 2/10/2024 at 12:49 PM, dlp said:

Also, is there a way of adjusting the tension on the pedals?

Edited by dlp

Sorry I didn't see your update.  I was expecting a new post.  I've never seen a pedal with adjustable tension before.  I don't know how that would be done.  

On 2/9/2024 at 2:21 PM, dlp said:

Thank you for your replies, but I contacted Casio's technical support regarding the noisy S7000, which was indeed found to be faulty. The store promptly exchanged it, and I'm pleased to report that the replacement keyboard surpasses my expectations.

Also, how many times are we able to post in a 24 hour period?

Could you post a video of the new unit? I would like to hear the difference in noise. Thanks!

Hello dlp

I'm very interested in this thread: I have a PX-S5000 with the same keybed as the PX-S70000 and it sounds EXACTLY like yours: very quiet white keys and more than twice as loud clacking, springy black keys.

Now you say that this has been recognized as a fault and has been replaced: If possible, can you post another video with the new device so we can see the comparison of old and new? That would be extremely useful.

I may have to send in my PX-S5000 as well. Because it sounds exactly like your first PX-S7000. At best, there was a series of this keybed where a damping element of the black keys was not optimally installed.

Thank you & greetings

Hello Tom,

As I mentioned in our private messages, I've already returned the keyboard. I did so last Sunday. While the replacement keyboard had a better keybed, it still produced too much noise for my taste. Key noise preference varies greatly from person to person, and personally, I prefer quieter key returns. While others may not mind the noise, it's just not my preference. Additionally, I found an odd bouncing sensation from the keybed when releasing the keys, which I found to be quite distracting. I hope you find the information you're seeking. Overall, it's a fantastic keyboard, I loved the Harmonious Mustard color, but unfortunately, the keybed isn't suited to my needs.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the post and other people's reply.  They are extremely helpful.

I've had my piano since 11/2022 and I started noticing a change to the loudness of the keys over the holidays.  This seemed more noticeable to the right of Middle C.

I have reached out to Casio for options and to check if the manufacturer date of my piano had related issues.  A friend of mine just got a digital keyboard from a long standing competitor and the keybed is noticeably more quiet.

Best,

Rob

On 2/20/2024 at 3:39 PM, Tom_CH said:

Hello dlp

I'm very interested in this thread: I have a PX-S5000 with the same keybed as the PX-S70000 and it sounds EXACTLY like yours: very quiet white keys and more than twice as loud clacking, springy black keys.

Now you say that this has been recognized as a fault and has been replaced: If possible, can you post another video with the new device so we can see the comparison of old and new? That would be extremely useful.

I may have to send in my PX-S5000 as well. Because it sounds exactly like your first PX-S7000. At best, there was a series of this keybed where a damping element of the black keys was not optimally installed.

Thank you & greetings

Hi Tom, I think that given the price of the 5000 (870 euros in my case) the keyboard is acceptable with its small defects.

But for the 2700 euros of the 7000 it is not conceivable.

I don't know who buys it but they must have little knowledge of the alternatives on market.

If the keyboards of the 5000 and 7000 are really the same as they say, obviously.

• 4 weeks later...

How are you recording your music?  The keyboard should not be recorded with microphones.  Is this your first weighted hammer action keyboard?  All hammer actions make some noise.  It's completely normal.  These in particular are some of the quietest ones made.  

• Like 1