Video Files on Forum ×

PX-5S Clinic #2: September 12 - 7:00pm Eastern Time

Display Name

Casio's Mike Martin has announced the date and time of his next live USTREAM.TV online clinic for the Casio PX-5S. It will be held Thursday, September 12 at 7:00pm eastern time. These informative and well produced clinics are a great way to learn more about the PX-5S.. Mike takes questions via the USTREAM text-chat and answers them live. 

If you can't make the live shpwing, not to worry: It will be recorded and available on YouTube for on-demand viewing.

Tune in Thursday, September 12 at 7:00pm eastern time.
URL: http://www.ustream.tv/casiomusicgear

Here is Mike's previous clinic - you may want to watch this one before next Thursday so you know what has already been addressed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFPooBIzCLo

• Like 2

Tonight's UStream broadcast (#2) was awesome!  After watching, I have some suggestions:

1) The camera that's broadcasting the LCD Display Screen is blocking Mike's hands & fingers.  It should be smaller and moved to the upper left or upper right of the screen so that we can see Mikes' hands & fingers and still see his face.  As it is, that LCD Display Screen takes up over a 3rd of the display and doesn't need to be so large.

2) I can see where another broadcast that covers Phrase Recording in detail could cover an entire session.  This is an area that we'd all like to know more about, yet an area where almost nothing exists in terms of helping us to understand this feature and its potential with the machine.

3) Personally (and it may be just me), I'd like to see Mike's thought process as to how he took a well-known song (Pink Floyd's "On The Run"), and made a Stage Setting out of it.  He touched on this in this broadcast, but I think if we can see that process from scratch to finished Stage Setting, we'd understand a lot more about sound design and how to implement/achieve it on the PX5.

4) Lastly, not sure if people want to see the viewers comments/questions as they came in during the broadcast... it would definitely take screen real estate away, but perhaps two versions of the broadcast could be made available on Youtube - one with, the other without user comments/questions.  Not a biggie either way, just a thought.

Just the fact that these broadcasts are even offered at all (as well as Mike's participation in the various forums) is something that potential buyers should factor in to the price of their purchase.  As far as I know, Casio is the only company that has such an active involvement with its users, and that's something that just isn't included in a purchase price with any other competitor.

Great job!!!

4) Lastly, not sure if people want to see the viewers comments/questions as they came in during the broadcast... it would definitely take screen real estate away, but perhaps two versions of the broadcast could be made available on Youtube - one with, the other without user comments/questions.  Not a biggie either way, just a thought.

Hi Chuck - You can turn off the chat by:

Clicking the "videos" button next to the chat or social stream button at the top of the chat window,

By activating the full screen mode  or "pop out" the video player. Do this by clicking the little arrows in the bottom right of the video window,  and then select  one of the icons that appear above them.

Cheers! 

Scott

Hi Chuck - You can turn off the chat by:

Clicking the "videos" button next to the chat or social stream button at the top of the chat window,

By activating the full screen mode  or "pop out" the video player. Do this by clicking the little arrows in the bottom right of the video window,  and then select  one of the icons that appear above them.

Cheers! 

Scott

Hi Scott - I should have been clearer... what I meant by Youtube versions of the broadcast was for the archived version of the broadcast - not the actual live broadcast itself.

Cheers!

Chuck

Exactly!  That's why I suggested two versions of the broadcast on Youtube - one with, one without.

I'm not sure that is possible.. it appears that the chat is a real-time function only. Using something like Camtasia could be used to capture a full screen recording to capture that "chat", but in my experience that degrades the video quality.  Honestly, I don't think there's much of a demand for the chat to be visible on the recording. 

I only watched the posted YouTube video, not the live clinic. While I missed participating in the chat, I didn't feel like as a viewer of the clinic that I lost out by not having it. It's not like when you watch a broadcast of a live presentation and they take questions from the audience, the questioners don't use the microphones, and the presenter just answers instead of repeating the questions. Mike did a good job of telling us what the questions were.

I watched both the live (as it happened) and archived (Youtube) versions... I guess when it comes down to it, the chat window doesn't really add anything useful to the viewer (short of some entertainment)... but I could also see a future broadcast where, as the audience participation grows, many useful but unanswered questions may have been posted in the chat window, many of which trigger additional questions.  Certain movie editing programs offer a screen capture function (I've not noticed any degradation in video quality) in which many product demos are made.

Didn't see the new video linked so I might as well post it: 

Maybe it should be inserted into the OP.

Thank for the new one Mike, I plan on watching it today. Still scratching the service of the 5S as I only got it this week, but it is very impressive already,