Video Files on Forum ×

Casio Sightings

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this Chas-so he knew his namesake in Italy-I came across Francesco Zappa's biography in my Grove's encyclopedia many years ago-and found it surprisingly coincidental as Frank Zappa was his real name-he did not copy it. The other reason I was such a fan (I still am) the connection-Ray Des Roches-my percussion mentor (not bragging i was very lucky to have come across him was able to be accepted as a student-wasn't easy, he was a relentless driving force and created the NJ Percussion Ensemble back in the 60's)-worked with Boulez constantly at that time-late 60's early 70's-and brought contemporary music to all of his students. Wildest music i ever heard and played with him as conductor/director. When was this interview? He seemed to be struggling-I know these serious works were some of his last-great loss as in some ways he was just hitting his stride with serious composition IMO and had jump-started the careers of many who passed through his bands. Sort of a rock Miles Davis/Art Blakey type of leader. If he hadn't fired Lowell George-there never would have been Little Feat!  Drummers, percussionists, keyboard players, guitar virtuosos-many got started in his bands. I think ti was Joe Satriani or Steve Vai-or both who were inspired by playing through his charts in their early years. A tremendous loss.

• Like 1

Casio MZ-X300

Not sure what Casio this is

Same Casio

Casio MZ-X500

Casio MZ-X500

Casio MZ-X500 again

Casio CTK-7200

Casio CTK-7000

Casio CTK-6250

Casio CTK-4400

Casio CTK-3200 as well as a bonus Yamaha PS-55

Casio CTK something. Not sure which model

Casio WK-6600

Casio WK-1800

Another Casio WK as well as an accordion

Casio CTK-811ex

Casio WK-7600

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Since Salt N Peppa PUSH IT was one of my favorite songs in 1987, I will point out that I thought the keyboard with the strings sound was a Roland D50 since I saw that keyboard on a Keyboard or Musician Mag in the school library back then and my imagination ran wild. But later in life as an Adult I saw an official video of theirs, not a LIVE concert, and it was a Casio CZ1! The video here is of a live concert and so they used a CZ101 which was just a prop, cause it was not even being played as I could hear the Casio sounds playing bu the guy stepped away from the keyboard lol! Milli Vanilli anyone??

• Like 1

Ok.. here is a funny, I am watching a show called Archive 81.. and I just sighted a Casio keyboard sitting atop a shelf with the logo back part facing out. No model and it is very brief sighting but there it tis! Episode 7, Archive 81, modern sci fi horror netflix series.. At time stamp 09:45 and it looks like it is a CZ of one kind or another. Older BOXY style..

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...