Video Files on Forum ×

Hissing/Background noise when playing back audio from USB stick

Eli26

I use the audio recorder on the PX350 and PX560 all the time, don't have this problem at all-recordings are at acceptable levels-recorded straight to Audacity, levels are much higher than yours without normalization. Try the card swap-incompatible drives could somehow be interfering with the audio recording function-like having defects in a computer hard drive, which will seem to function properly until you hit a bad spot on the drive which can crash software or your entire computer. I'v never used anything bigger than 32 GB thumb drives or SD cards on any Casios and everything works perfectly. An overly large thumb drive could be the problem. Makes no sense, but could be, especially since the audio recorder needs to record straight to the thumb drive-you are doing what used to be called "direct to disk" recording, drive has to be perfect or else you will have nothing but problems, whether hard drive, thumb drive or any solid state drive.

TAKE21.WAV This is an unedited, unaltered WAV file recorded directly on my PX-5S to USB flash drive.  My PX-5S is reset to factory defaults for this, as it comes from the box.  I simply plugged in a flash drive, hit record and started playing the default piano sound.  You might want to examine the file in Audacity alongside your own examples.  I tried to play something softly as you did in your recordings, as well as play something at maximum velocity to demonstrate the dynamic range.  As you can see and hear, this is a normal level for a recorded piano solo on Casio digital pianos, for reasons I explained earlier.  

• 3 weeks later...

(EDIT: I was able to download the fie which you had posted)

I want to update something and that is that when I record to midi it's has no hiss whatsoever.  However, when I record to the audio stick and played back through the GP 400 there is a very audible hiss and weird static I noises and this is true whether it's through the headphones or through speakers.  I tried it with the 16GB stick and it  has the exact same problem.     Lastly and to be precise the nature of the hissing noises and  Very low volume electronic beeps that I hear, Is entirely consistent from play back to playback.   In other words it's not random static that's getting in as I'm putting to back but it's something in the way that gp 400 is interacting with that stick once it has been recorded.   I'll try to see if I can get a recording from the line out.  In any case is this a warranty issue because it really shouldn't be happening?     When I'm practicing using the USB stick is by far the best way to go because it can record multiple takes but then when I am playing it back it's just plain annoying and if it's not supposed to be that way I would want the piano serviced. 

Edited by Eli26
i was able to downlaod the file --- previously, the message said ' i was unable to download"