Video Files on Forum ×

PX 560 Chorus Effects

Jey

Hello,

I've been enjoying playing my PX 560, but I haven't been able to get a noticeably different sound using the chorus effects. Has anybody else experienced this? Can anyone recommend any chorus settings for me to try?

Is there a way to save your effects settings, so you don't have to keep setting them and to set a default piano sound, so every time you switch on the PX560 the tone and effect settings you want are automatically loaded for you?

With the modulation wheel is there any way you can set that setting without using the wheel? I'd like to be able to set it digitally, so I can set a precise number of modulation, so I can be more accurate with it?

I'd greatly appreciate any help you can give me with any of my questions.

Many thanks,

Jey

Hi Jey,

I'm new to the PX560, but I can at least point you in the right direction. Pages 23 thru 37 of the manual explains how to edit Tones, i.e. how to enter Edit mode, what can be edited, and how to save those edits. One reason that you are not hearing much chorus may be that you are not increasing the Chorus Send within the Tone Editing screen. If you have done that, the try editing the Chorus effect itself by pressing EFFECT from the Main screen, refer to page 71 of the manual. Once you have the sound you are looking for, don't forget to Save the Tone to a new location. That way you simply have to select the tone you created and everything will be recalled instantly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sort of reminds me of the cutting edge GEM instruments-big reason I have the PX560-and the older PX575 which has a surprising number of editing facilities-sample editor software, virtual drawbars-complete synthesizer editing-reminds me of the SK76. I have 10 keyboards here now, several Casios-my 2 favorites are the PX560 and the GEM Equinox, with the XW-P1 close behind as 3rd-love drawbar control.  I've uploaded some tones here-experimenting with hex layers and some rhythms I've created which can be played on the PX-560, a little more "involved" than the typical Casio rhythms (shameless plug for me!) but you might have some fun with-I have managed to create 1-2 tones for the PX560 similar to CZ tones I programmed years ago when I owned the CZ-101, CZ-1 and 3000. 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all your help everyone. I'm enjoying the PX560 and there's a lot for me to learn about it, so it's great that you are able to help me. I've noticed that a lot of the tones come with Chorus Send set to 0 and if you want to edit it so you can add chorus to it, you have to save it as a new tone. Is there any way that you can edit the chorus send without having to create a new tone and just overwrite the existing tone? Thank you