Video Files on Forum ×

Rhythm has different intro for major and minor key

On my CT-X3000, rhythm 213 “Unplugged ballad” has a different intro depending on whether you play a major or minor chord. The minor one has no chord changes, the major one does (inspired by the song Tears in Heaven, I think).

Not a question, just thought this was an interesting point! Maybe it doesn’t translate to a minor key very well.

Anyone else noticed this on other rhythms?

Roger-this is a design I have found on other advanced auto-arrangers. My Generalmusic SK76 could do this even based upon the other chord qualities, although there was an option to turn it off-if it were a dominant chord as opposed to a simple triad, the accompaniment varied slightly as did major/minor. 1-2 Rolands i owned did this too-gave a nice subtle difference to accompaniments-instead of having the identical arrangement play through. I don't think this is a defect. Haven't noticed this variation with my Privias though, might be something new with the CTX series. 

• Like 1

That's handy I wonder who wrote all these 'sounds like house if rising sun' type tunes. I bought a kareoke cd (150 songs) expecting them to be originals but they were all done on a keyboard similar to this one I presume. I felt short changed but thinking about it a song is it's basic thing and it is also a product or commodity which has millions spent on the production in order to get a return. I am experiencing a certain dimension in music where the vocals and the sentiments behind the song/ beautiful songwriting becomes the most important thing. As well as well known songs bringing people together who already know the songs. Think it is a very interesting and satisfying thing to do. Modern day folk music I guess. It's (ctx) is a perfect tool for it. Think of the huge goldmine of amazing songs already written. There is definitely a unique skill in translating these songs into arranger format - esp live. I want to do a godley and creme one. Cry?Many musical people are walking juke boxes anyway. I think the most important thing is to feel some enthusiasm for anything in life so I think products like this are very valuable things. 

One of the nicest features I'd ever seen in a "home" keyboard arranger was incorporated into a few of the Generalmusic keyboards which had a video out port-for putting song lyrics on a monitor screen-any midi karaoke file could be played on the Generalmusic keyboards that had this feature could then display the lyrics-if the mid file was a karaoke file-had the lyrics embedded in it. I think I recall  a few of the SK and WK (a coincidence these used the "WK" designation like the Casios?) arranger keyboards had a video card that could be installed to show the screen-like a few of the higher end VS-roland recorders but for a different function-to use the smaller recorder screen on a huge monitor.  may be we will see this feature in a future Casio-I'm sure it is not an easy and inexpensive propoistion, but the patents from the defunct Generalmusic keyboards might be available...hint hint.

This thought fills me with horror. One of the best things about this / these keyboards is the invention of the tablet. Maybe an I pad. But these are way out of my price range. The keyboard should be able to talk to the piano software on iPad. Hang on. Didn't the ctx 5000 come with some music lessons? I forgot about that. Anyway imagine a living piece of sheet music in front of you as you play. With lyrics aswell. That would be amazing. Yes I bought a kareoki machine for my kid and we haven't used it. It's just too many wires and leads already. I am lead phobic.