Video Files on Forum ×

PX560 Factory Reset - will it clear the 96 Registrations?

Mick4452

Hello Group!

I just signed up as a member within the last hour.   Day 2 of purchasing a Demo PX560 (upgraded from the 350).   Upon power up, I Reset to Factory defaults...for obvious reasons.

I've reviewed the manual and still not clear on what I should be seeing - IE:  To verify that the 24 Banks / 96 Registrations have been re-set...or deleted?

After resetting to factory:    I see that ALL 96 registrations have various settings.   I expected them all to be "BLANK", for lack of a better word.

1. Is this normal?

2. And/or are these Registration settings merely suggested settings from Casio/Factory?

3. IF SO, then as I find personalized preferences - I am just to overwrite/save my new setting on top of the existing Banks/Registrations?   Is that how this deal works?

Thank you in Advance for clarification!

Mick4452/Indianapolis

Brad - Many thanks - That Explains a lot!  One last question if you don't mind.   I may have heard from Mike Martin on a pod cast during my research...

Regarding a software that can be utilized to manage these 96 Registrations?   He may have talked about a set list for the 5S.

IE:  Printable reference list of the current Banks 1-24...or Registrations 1-96   -- Maybe something that can be exported?     I can see myself creating an excel list of the Banks/Registrations list, so I know where to find these settings without scrolling thru the menu.   Any thoughts?

THX once again.

so far, only individual users have created set lists for their registrations-I just jot down small notes to remind me-but there is no particular software or any docs I've found from Casio that list the preset registrations-you would have to compile a list of your own, as far as I know. Excel would work. Unfortunately, I've never seen a keyboard with registrations that makes keeping track of these easy. i think there is one poster here somewhere that has done this, but don't recall if it is for the PX560 or another Casio. one thing i did right away-i saved the registrations in one file on the thumb drive, it is a "ZRA" file-saves all the registrations-doesn't take much space on the drive and in case you accidentally overwrite a registration by mistake (not that I've done that)  :banghead:    only takes less than a minute to restore all your registrations in one shot.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mick4452 said:

Regarding a software that can be utilized to manage these 96 Registrations?

I am thinking about this same thing, and I guess the only option is to make your own list, on Excel, Word or just a text file. You cannot assign a name to each registration, so you either have a good memory or write down what you need. Similarly, I'm planning on including in this list my favorite tones and rhythms, so I spend less time looking for an appropriate one. 😅

• Like 1

There is another poster here who has created a rather genius software solution to renaming rhythms from the default cryptic ones that don't always match with what you name them in software-if you are creating your own. I'm thinking out loud if he might do the same in relation to registrations-would be a very powerful and useful bit of software-but not easily done. I'd program it myself but I don't recall if the midi implementation even allows for accessing the registration parameters. if i have time, I'll find his posts and ring him up here. or if you'se guys can find him-with my 100 software midi programs, i can't seem to find his program which i have installed and used, and it works. Chandler also knows this renaming program and is a heavy beta tester for it. 

• Like 2

Many thanks for replies on this topic.  I'll surely research the manual on the process of saving registrations to a "ZRA" file (that's a new one on me)...Using a thumb drive.   And/or using a simple excel file sounds like a good idea as well.   I can see already, how easy it can be to "forget" where the favorite settings are located within the Registration banks.

What a great forum - Already diggin' hanging-out with you guys after just 2 days🎹👍

• Like 2