Video Files on Forum ×

Tones with 32 notes polyphony maximum.

Casio Key

• 2 months later...

No.  DSP is not related to polyphony.  Polyphony is the number of samples the sound engine can playback at once.  A stereo piano tone uses 2 samples per note (panned left and right) to produce stereo sound.  This is why polyphony is used up at twice the rate with a stereo tone.  Use a preset mono piano tone for 64 note polyphony.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

No.  DSP is not related to polyphony.  Polyphony is the number of samples the sound engine can playback at once.  A stereo piano tone uses 2 samples per note (panned left and right) to produce stereo sound.  This is why polyphony is used up at twice the rate with a stereo tone.  Use a preset mono piano tone for 64 note polyphony.

But if I add a DSP with stereo effect to the mono piano, will the polyphony of the sound continue to 64 notes?

On 9/5/2020 at 4:56 PM, Just Alex said:

I found that some sounds have 1 or 2 note polyphony....

Just out of curiosity, what's an example of a 2-note polyphonic sounds? I've come across some of the monophonic ones in the Synth1 and Synth2 categories .. (I like it actually, it feels more like a genuine emulation of some of the classic synths).