Video Files on Forum ×

New Notebook suggestions (PX-S3000 user)

gjasko

PX-S3000 user here!  It's time for me to buy a notebook to use mainly for Chordana for Piano and Set List Maker!  What is working well for you? 

I am most comfortable with Android OS but will go with Apple product if necessary!  😉   Thank you in advance!!

***NOTE*** about ordering the cable for the USB Type B to Type A or to Type C.

There are TWO different kinds of USB type B cable connections! I think they are different speeds...

Anyway, the blue one in the photo WILL NOT WORK, you need to get the smaller one like the white one in the image.

So if you order online through Amazon or whatever, check the photos!

1763476911_TypeBUsb.thumb.jpg.67d9fc07b03b1c7ea39a2ee80d3c2713.jpg

What is that? I guess the blue one is the new 3.0 USB cable standard-nice they made it larger and gloppier than the original. what devices actually use USB 3.0 with this connector, just curious, now that every device i own has USB 2.0 connectors and cables, including my printer, scanners and every USB music keyboard-even USB 3.00 laptop connectors look the same-except for the blue plastic inside if you look carefully. 

• 2 months later...
On 7/10/2020 at 8:11 PM, Jokeyman123 said:

What is that? I guess the blue one is the new 3.0 USB cable standard-nice they made it larger and gloppier than the original. what devices actually use USB 3.0 with this connector, just curious, now that every device i own has USB 2.0 connectors and cables, including my printer, scanners and every USB music keyboard-even USB 3.00 laptop connectors look the same-except for the blue plastic inside if you look carefully. 

@Jokeyman123it's 3.0 slave (is this word still allowed?) connector, so for example it's used to connect external 3.5" HDD USB enclosures (I own several of them) . Your laptop is host/master, hence the flat A type of connector. USB-C type unifies this mess a bit ...