Video Files on Forum ×

Rhythm Conversions

Just Alex

Suggestion to those who use that Excel converter - do not set the part length in a way, that it will end past the real end of the file - Say file has 40 measures, you set ending start at 36th measure, but set length say 8 measures. Playing such file will cause your instrument to hang and become unresponsive, so disconnection from AC power will be required, and current, unsaved data will be lost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This might be interesting for someone - current progress of various style conversions, all are at different stages, you can hear it by yourself - drum tracks playing wrong sounds, sounds are weird, etc. Some are almost finished :)

"track' listing (style namings are mine)

"HappyDance" - Style suited for Snap - "Welcome to my world", Marusha - "Somewhere, over the rainbow"

Next comes my attempt to port MegaVoices to "Versatile voices" - some realistic country rock guitar strumming.

After that, we have  style for Take That - "Back for good"

Then a style for slow, late 80s ballad, based on song, forgot it's name, but text has line "miracle of love" (As you can guess, this one is almost finished)

Then comes the famous Yaki-Da - "I saw you dancing". This style is very hard to create, because, tonality changes occur in mid-measure...

And final - style based on main theme from "Helen et garcons" (early 90s French sitcom).

As you can see, todays "edition" is mostly related to early 90s - time, when internet was small, modems were big, and 640kb started to show that it definitely is not enough for everyone :D

currentworks.mp3

• Like 4

Please let us know how your experiments with the versatile voice mapping go. I took a half-hearted crack at it a while back, but got distracted by other projects. If you find any tips or tricks for programming realistic-ish sounding guitar tracks in your Rhythms using the versatile voices, I'd love to share that info in my Computer Rhythm creation guide v2.0.

• Like 2

"Organ High Life" - this style might be interesting for someone, who does Russian/East European pop songs using Accordion and similar. This is ported from Yamaha PSR E-463, and with a little help from my friends, now it has 4 variations (nothing to get excited, btw, just noting) intro and ending. 

OrganHig.AC7

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

There's a new convertor around so I'm testing it. Feature-wise it is far better than that Excel one, but GUI-wise, it is way harder to use. So While this style has 4 parts and intro and ending, you need to edit it on keyboard and set chord 4 to #78 - Elec Organ and Chord 3 to Music Box, for it to sound properly. I just don't have enough nerves to deal with Casio menu :D

This style is suited for 50's doo-woop and rock ballads and general ballads too, like Paul and Paula, Earth Angel and some others.

128rock.ac7

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

That "software" is called my brains and unfortunately, isn't available for download yet :D

All styles I post, involve a lot of hard handwork, with sounds and volumes fine tuned, layers added and removed, drums remapped and so on...

I'm using cakewalk pro audio 9 as a midi editor, but you can use any another, it doesn't matter.

• Like 2

Here are two more. Both are antique Yamaha piano ballad styles. Since this is not a style that "plays" in my head, I did only basic check for them to sound more or less properly, using Tyros as a reference. Haven't did any specific tone corrections. The remaining pnoballd.sty needs much more work, and since it belongs to style I'm not liking at all, I can't promise that I'll do it at foreseeable time.

lovesong.s687.ac7 ianoba.ac7

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rolando A. Asuncion said:

Sir Alex kindly search for "yamaha styles convert for casio" here in forum. Thank you

Once you have the converted file, please replace your uploaded file in the downloads section with the Casio file.  The Yamaha file should not be in the downloads section.  It should have been uploaded in this topic.  

• Like 1