Video Files on Forum ×

Fingerbass tones-sample transition points

Jokeyman123

Just discovered something not quite perfect with the PX560-surprised as most tones on this are pretty much flawless in terms of sample transitions. Only seems to be factory fingerbass tones 1, 3 and 4-all the other bass tones are very smooth across all octaves except these. In the lower middle to middle registers, there are abrupt changes in tonality (not tuning). doesn't affect the lowest 2 octaves, but from there to around 3 more octaves above, the changes in tone are pretty distinct. If anybody can check this out-might be an odd software glitch just on mine. Doesn't affect most of my typical bass-lines-but if spanning more than 2 octaves in the wrong ranges, definitely noticeable. Guess you can tell alot of time on my hands between the pandemic and the snow-feel like Yosemite Sam stuck in the log cabin with Bugs Bunny, I think it was in "Fair Haired Hare". 

I also play bass-tones don't usually change from string to string this way-and it falls in a strange way-not in distinct ranges the way a bass might. Try it out let me know if you hear the same thing. Most keyboards have some trouble at sample transition points-this threw me off as its only these tones-all the others make vry smooth practically undetectable sample transitions. Why these are so odd, I don't know. If I have time, I'll try to record and post a few examples. As long as I stay in the lowest octaves-its fine but bass guitar has a pretty wide range, even a short-scale-just listen to what Jaco Pastorious did, and Stanley Clarke who started the trend of playing in the upper registers all those years ago with his Alembic and other basses. Bootsy Collins like to play up there too. And of course-Jack Bruce and Timmy Bogert RIP.

OK, I can live with it! Not a big deal-pandemic is making me way too nit-picky. Still a marvelous piece of equipment-working on "Green Onions" arrangement and "I Fought the Law" covers. Will post when I can. I've heard this sample "anomaly" (new word for the day) on keyboards costing 3X as much. Thanks Brad. :2thu: