Video Files on Forum ×

audible loop points

Jokeyman123

Maybe I've been in a musical/covid brainfart, because I just noticed-trying to get a very "static" sustained tone on several of the saxes-very audible and annoying short loop points in the tones. I never noticed it before, maybe its always been there, or maybe its a glitch in the sound generating engine that's just shown up. Anybody else notice this on their 560? quite a few-the tenors, altos. I checked the DSP effects, didn't see anything that would cause this-sounds like a bad loop point after no more than second into the sustain envelope.

• Like 1

Ok thanks Brad. Maybe i can do some editing on this, try to smooth out the loop point. I know I can't re-program a factory sample-but maybe doctoring an envelope a bit might smooth it out. Unfortunately, I was comparing the sax tones after listening to my "Giant Steps" original vinyl album again after many years! No keyboard can compete with Coltrane. But here's this-from my Equinox factory demos-notice there is no sax on this though-his voice is an Equinox sample. I am trying to re-create this demo on the PX560-no easy task, minus the sampled quote from Coltrane. This old demo still gives me goose-bumps and why my Equinox will stay with my Casios. Put them Equinox drawbars on the next Casio PX560!

Equinox Coltrane.mp3

Edited by Jokeyman123
  • Like 1

I don't know why my ears must have just cleared up-out of curiousity-and because I had not paid so much attention before I guess,assuming my much more expensive workstations would not have looping problems-I have been unpleasantly surprised and uncovered a few other offending sounds! and I've created many samples, know my way around loop points-cross-fading, envelopes, all the sample editing features-currently I use Viena  and Polyphone when working with multisamples/soundfonts-Soundforge, Audacity and Goldwave when working individual sample waves. I learned how to sample and create keyboard samples with the Korg DSS-1 years ago and have done enough software sampling to know better. So apparently-the Casio is not the only offender in this department! Disappointed yes, but I guess it happens-fortunately not too many sounds are like this, in the Casio or others.

Yes, I've noticed that in many sounds, like strings, organs (e.g. Rock Organ 2 or OverdrivOrg1), Stereo Brass, Breathy TSax (especially at C4), and even in the slow fade-out of the piano's lower notes. It's often not very distracting, but it could be if you are by chance holding a particular note with a particular tone...

Edited by AndrewL