Video Files on Forum ×

PX560 - trying to edit the rhythm to get the Child In Time accompaniment

dslm
Go to solution Solved by Jokeyman123,

Child in time rhythm goes like this :

GGA-|----|GGA-|----|GGA-|----|FFG-|----|

In the intro I want to just have the cymbals 

In the normal part I want to have :

bass bass snare -- | ---- | bass bass snare -- | ---- |bass bass snare -- | ---- |bass bass snare -- | ---- |

not sure how to go about this

In the rhythm edit option i need to select an existing rhythm, I cant seem to select individual drum sounds

Can someone help me figure this out ?

Thanks Brad for the quick response.

After a year of purchasing the PX560, now I am getting to the point of building my set and hence exploring the instrument in depth.

So why did Casio not think of having such an option ?

I am trying to understand why Casio would do this  ... is it because it would be easier to do the following:
1) Find the closest one and tweak that (but in this specific case there does not seem to be a rhythm like "Child in Time")

2) record a rhythm using drum tones and store it, then add it as a rhythm

3) create a new rhythm in a daw and add it as a rhythm (what formats are supported) 

You can create rhythms externally and then import them. I have never done it so I cannot give you more info than that. 😂

Anyway, here are some you can download (look for "CKF" in the titles):

https://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/category/42-privia-px-560/

You can also get some latin rhythms from here (page in Spanish but I guess anyone can use it):

https://www.casioteclados.com/ritmos/?t=107

• Thanks 1

• Solution

There is a process for creating custom rhythms for loading into the Casio PX560-but you must use a software midi editor to create your own midi file first-consisting of whatever rhythm you want to create-then after you save it as a midi file-an smf saved as a .mid file-convert it to a .ckf file which, among other things, is a file label for a rhythm that was a standard user rhythm in older Casio arrangers. Although the PX560 uses and saves user rhythms as .ac7 files, it can load and play .ckf rhythm files. As Brad has posted-look in the PX560 user file downloads, you will find quite a bit of these files you can load and play-several of which are mine I custom-created, saved as .ckf files and use to practice and play mostly for my own use. Some are pretty complex since there are literally dozens of Casio .ckf rhythms to load in the PX560 already in that downloads section, I tried to extend the concept by creating fairly "busy" complex rhythms in styles you may not be interested in, and to show what can be done.

Without getting into a detailed explanation as to how to create your own custom rhythms, it is actually pretty easy once you get the "hang" of it. There are a huge number of posts here already detailing how to do this-look up posts from Chandler, myself, Brad, "T" and a few other musicians here who have  posted their work over quite a bit of time. I basically use the Casio IDES 4.0 software which was designed for older Casios-and has a very useful midi to ckf file converter, with settings to change instruments, tempo and intros, endings, variations. Also can be used for auditioning ,ckf rhythms on your computer before you load these into the 560.

There is a procedure for creating "marks" in software with a midi file, and each set of "marks" in the file creates exactly which measures you will use for each part-intro, ending, main and variations plus fill sections. Or you can let the .ckf converter do that for you. Chandler has a post here which summarizes and describes in detail exactly how to do all this. it sounds more complex than it is, but repeating myself-once you master the few basic steps you need to, it becomes rather easy to create exactly the kind of accompaniment you want-and the PX560 can handle some pretty complex parts, or as simple as you need. 256 voices covers alot of ground. I have been able to play and record a very complex background rhythm using the song/midi recorder in the 560, adding parts I play as additional "live" tracks, and then improvise over that-without any voices dropping out-pretty amazing!

Edited by Jokeyman123
  • Like 2
  • Love 1