Video Files on Forum ×

New Forum Look

I really love the new themes of our loving Forum but having issue with:

I don't know, what is happening with my phone or may be with yours also. 

When I changed the theme from Dark to Daytime, I don't see "Start New Topic" button, "Submit Reply Button, even I don't able to access gallery to change my profile picture.

I'm writing this via PC, and still I've issue with my phone Vivo X70 Pro Plus...

I'm using Chrome and also have CMF App.

How can I fix the issue?

The Dark themes is really amazing 😘:www.MessenTools.com-Frutas-pianodance:

Edited by Akshansh

2 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

I checked everything in Chrome on mobile and desktop, and also the Chrome CMF app.  Everything looks fine for me.  Can you share a screenshot of what you see?  The start new topic button should be white color on the main page and submit reply in red.

These are the screenshots blow. How can I fix the problem?

Can I not able to use CMF on my phone anymore?

I have to use it on my PC only?

Screenshot_2022_0121_125651.thumb.jpg.53a7971e8a96482addd50f59e42dff93.jpgScreenshot_2022_0121_125940.thumb.jpg.22732eedd361394ed98566f0c5fd0b47.jpg

12 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

Is that when using the CMF chrome app?  If so, trying uninstalling the app and use Chrome itself to visit the site.  Let us know what happens.  You may also have to clear the cache of your chrome browser.

I cleared the cache data of chrome app. In the site everything looks good now. In the app, I get direct access to the CMF that is why I usually using the app since half a  month. I uninstalled and re-installed the app, conditions are same as before was...

First I cleared the cached data about 300kb something, then I tried to open app and saw it's not working. Then I took backup of CMF app and uninstalled that also I restarted my phone. Then I installed the and tried again. I saw the app that useful permission is allowed by the phone.

Several times I changed the themes but nothing happens. 

What I think, I updated my phone (Vivo X70 Pro+) to Android 12 and still I don't updated my secondary phone (Samsung S21 Ultra) to Android 12... It's in Android 11 cause I don't got needs to use it. I also tried the app on that phone at once, there is everything looks good and both buttons are available.

So the question or I'm thinking, it is happening because of Android 12 Update on the phone?

I'm not a software expert... I don't know what is exactly happening here on my device.

Edited by Akshansh

5 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

Have you made any progress with this?

Thanks for your support Mr. Brad

Yes, what I observed that CMF app is not compatible with Android version 12 (from checking it on several Android 12 Version phones) So, simply I'm using the Forum in desktop mode with another browser called Brave Browser, it's finally working on my phone via brave browser.

May be the issue need to be fixed by the chrome developers or by the Casio? (for app only)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, vbdx66 said:

Hi, just a minor suggestion. It would be nice to have emoticons for when a post makes you laugh 😄 or angry 😠.

Vinciane

I believe they were available, but a few idiots were abusing them and using them to ridicule and mock posts. Maybe they're just suspended for now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've found an annoying "upgrade". Now isn't possible to log in using simply the username, but the form forces you to use the email address for logging in. Interestingly, if the browser was already logged in before, the old username is still working, and from what I've seen in the behaviour, there's someting client side that checks the username format and forbids the logon process if the username doesn't look like an email adderss

• Thanks 1

The login change was not part of the visual theme update.  That was security related changes.  A special announcement about the change was on the home page of this site for several months.  I thought everyone would have seen it by now.  Let us know if you didn't see it.  We'll try to make announcements more noticeable in the future.  

• 5 months later...

I remember that earlier in the CMF, there used to be a black dark theme too along with three themes. But now it is no longer available here. Only Dark Grey theme is available in the dark theme. 

I like that pure dark theme to save my phone's battery....

Actually, pure black colour reduce battery consumption because in Amoled display, black colour means 'display's pixel is completely turned Off. But in grey colour, it is lighting up. 

My observations: 

Grey Black Theme: More battery consumption.

Pure Black Theme: Less battery consumption.

Can I will not see Pure Black Dark theme for the CMF in the nearly future?

Thank You

I have created a new "Very Dark" theme.  The page background is pure black.  Area backgrounds are very dark grey.  Body text is medium grey, less than 50% of full white.  

The theme called "Dark" emulates other major social media platforms with a dark mode.  The theme "Very Dark" is much darker than that.