Video Files on Forum ×

New Forum Look

To me dark themes are unbearable. I get very strong vertical doublevision when I stare at blazing white letters on dark background. The correct fix is to use the light theme but lower your monitor brightness. CRTs had barely >100 nits, while modern TFT often support up to 1000 nits (the insane HDR1000 mode) which is harmful to the eyes not least by high blue contents of most LED monitors.

In 1980the hifi sets became loud enough to make deaf. In 2010th monitors became bright enough to make us blind.

This looks very nice!

The battery consumption (drain) is now less by 4 to 8 percent (depend on usage). "In Amoled or Ratina or higher display only.

Download this blow "black" blank image to see how Amoled or higher display are works.

1. Download this image and see it using Gallery/Album/Photos etc.

2. Change the brightness of your phone at 20 to 25 or less percent and see the image.

3. Now again change the brightness at 75 or more then 75 percent then again see the image.

You can see that Amoled displays or higher displays are completely black (no pixel light up) even in the full brightness.

I think complete black theme can save more battery life and makes eye comfort to all community.

This Very Dark this is really good! Thank You very much @Brad Saucier 🙂

Picsart_22-08-09_09-05-12-947.thumb.jpg.b23a5a90220b2fb659fdb4c995cf5184.jpg

• 8 months later...

Here I have been facing these issues on the CMF site. So I thought i can share it with you to make it always best.

I've been reading the comment on the topic and found the text is showing in BLACK colour even in the Very Dark theme. White colour in the default classic theme. Therefore, this issue is needs to be fixed. 

The next thing what I want to discuss about is the forum is almost all the time gives 403 error in my region. Also it's not usable in some other region except USA, UK. I am using it by using VPN of USA. Otherwise I'm not able to use the forum.

Please look into this.

Thank You 😊

People copy pasting text from external sources and using custom text colours in the formatting is out of the control of CMF.  That would be more a case of "user error" than anything to do with the default CMF formatting.

I have not had any issue with 403 errors when accessing the site, currently from the USA. Never had issues when accessing it from my home country of the UK either., though as you said those regions aren't known to be affected That could suggest an issue with your ISP, or possibly your browser settings. Are you running an up to date operating system and a secure browser? You could try using another browser and see if that alleviates the problem. i.e . Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera etc. Another option is to clear your browser cookies as you may have some in their causing problems. I'm using Chrome and all is working fine for me.

14 hours ago, Chas said:

Are you running an up to date operating system and a secure browser? You could try using another browser and see if that alleviates the problem. i.e . Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera etc. Another option is to clear your browser cookies as you may have some in their causing problems. I'm using Chrome and all is working fine for me.

I'm using Brave, Edge, Chrome browser.

My OS is Windows 11 Pro up to date to the latest version and patch.

It's may definately the issue of server of Invision Community. I'm not confirm. But I have faced the same issue with my different devices.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2023 at 4:10 PM, Chas said:

People copy pasting text from external sources and using custom text colours in the formatting is out of the control of CMF.

I think I managed to solve that going forward.  Everything pasted on the forums will now be plain text, following the theme of the forums.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1