Video Files on Forum ×

Skips in

Ingrid Unterseher

I have searched forums and spent many hours trying different things, but am at my wit's end.  I have recorded songs on midi with several tracks.  Song played back, with NO skips, from the keyboard.  I followed the user manual, recorded to audio to make wav files, downloaded wav files to my computer from the correctly formatted usb drive, played them on my computer and they have skips.  I recorded the same midi song several times to create 3 different wav files - in playback they have skips in them, each file the skip is in different places.

BTW - I did check my keyboard's firmware version - it is up to date.

How do I fix this????

35 minutes ago, Ingrid Unterseher said:

Song played back, with NO skips, from the keyboard

Which playback method did you try on the keyboard?  MIDI recorder playback?  Or audio recorder playback?  or both?  

35 minutes ago, Ingrid Unterseher said:

played them on my computer and they have skips

What do you mean?  Does the WAV file have missing audio?  

Have you tried a different flash drive?

• Like 1

What are you using for your thumb drive? Try running a disk-scan (if you are using Windows)-see if the drive has errors, could be that although pretty unlikely. Hopefully you don't have a counterfeit drive-if other thumb drives duplicate this problem, its not that. Are the skips visible in a Windows audio editor-with Audacity or similar? If the file looks ok-no visible spaces in the audio file when you view it, something else is going on. Odd problem, never noticed this with my 560 recording from midi to audio, or straight to audio. Definitely-upload a sample. I'd like to hear and see it.

If you record audio on that USB drive but while playing live, or any other MIDI file, does it also have gaps?

To write uncompressed WAV the USB drive just needs 176 KB/s write speed, which should be easily surpassed by any old or cheap drive. If by chance it can't keep up, it's likely it's faulty or is starting to die.

Just to be safe: did you open the WAV file and check the waveform to confirm it's an actual gap in the audio, and not a playback issue on your computer?