Video Files on Forum ×

pianos get too loud

Go to solution Solved by Brad Saucier,

I have an xw- p1 and ctk 671--At the most inopportune time in the higher registers--when i hit pretty hard the volume goes much  too high --much too quick--It is not a problem with other tones--I am wondering about a global fix==even with touch response set to 3  the ctk it is still as bad= setting velocity sensing seems  also ---to little avail on the xw--any suggestions will be appreciated==I know the gain settings -EQs etc- on the system can be tweaked  but thought I would ask here --thanks Tom

both in their higher range

i use the mixer on the XW a lot to raise and lower the drums.I don't need to lower the volume on --- the lower octaves.Plus that puts me back to a ---song specific and after the fact area ..I guess in that domain I could try to run it thru an equalizer or compressor-

I run  the signal into my digital mixer from there to the amp.I come out of the headphone jack on the ctk and a mono out from the XW's line out plug.

The DSP is a thought --I will take a look at which one is on --if any

thanks

Here's another way to tame the top end-and Brad, you and I and pcoul had covered this awhile ago-key follow.

https://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/16101-what-does-key-follow-do-exactly/

It's on page E-26 of the manual for the XW-P1, not sure if its the same for the CTK. But Tom-if you want to go to the trouble-by adjusting the "key follow" for the filter of your piano sound, and saving it as a new tone-you can modify how the filter setting responds to high pitches going across the octaves, and set a breakpoint for where you wish the key follow to start to change. I forget which, I think negative values will increase the filter-cut the highs, and positive will decrease it-making sounds have more treble content as you go up the octaves. I'm not in front of my XW-but I'm pretty sure you can edit the PCM tone filter settings-meaning the pianos specifically, but I could be wrong, looking strictly at the manual-this might only work for the mono synth tones so we're back to EQ. I've not used key follow on my XW-I will check this and post back. Would be a more fine-tuned method of taming highs in the upper octaves though i have used this with other synths, and it can bring a pretty dramatic change in the filter.

Update--On the XW-- I was trying things effect wise and browsed Alen K's companion .I ran across his description of velocity switching and his list of tones using it..I am pretty sure going to tones not having it ,will help me getting loud ,with the others ,-----in a smoother manner...I ran thru some  tones of both types  side by side , -----and I like the sameness of the single waves ===I am thankful.that Alen went above and beyond--- velocity switching was completely new to my knowledge bank.---- but from his profile-- I wonder about that planet he is from--Aren't they the ones that had Walter Pigeon in that movie ,

• 2 months later...