Video Files on Forum ×

Anything on the horizon to be excited about

Go to solution Solved by Brad Saucier,

Supposed to be a summer NAMM in Nashville July 16 starting date.

https://www.booking-expo.com/events/summer-nammsnashville

Maybe we'll see something new from Casio, although after the 5000/7000 series Privias and the CT-S keyboards, might be all we'll see for awhile. Alot more live performing venues happening now in the US, maybe more manufacturers will notice, more musicians with some money to spend and gigs to play that did not have that motivation during the pandemic? PX10S, MZ-X1000, XW-P2/G2, PX-5600, just a thought. Behringer is threatening a mini CZ-1 for 99.00 US but so far no go on that. Casio's new CZ-10,000 might be nice. With huge touchscreen, 32-track sequencer, individual track looping, DIN and USB connectivity with full DAW control and a dedicated software editor, sampling with gobs of memory for samples, all the CZ waveforms plus all the other Casio sampled piano, synth, VA synth and orchestral samples and a full tone-wheel organ with 16 (!) drawbars....and the newest weighted key assemblies, in a choice of 61, 76 or 88 keyspans. ......now that would be a killer Casio!

Edited by Jokeyman123
  • Love 1

oh @Jokeyman123! We can only dare to dream! It is actually kinda crazy, you CAN reproduce ALL classic Casio keyboard vintage sound waves and presets if you have the patience and time and the right keyboard synth, without having to reengineer the Casiotone. My Korg PA 600QT can do the PT1 piano sound and a few others by me fiddling with the built in samples of simple pulse waves and envelopes. I know a Casio VA synth would possibly be the ticket for a reproduction of the CZ/VZ/PT/MT/SK and HT series keyboard sounds and presets. The big one however.. for us nostalgia nerds.. is the reproduction of the RHYTHMS and Auto accompaniment patterns of all the Classic Casiotone keyboards of the 1979-1989 keyboards, before over orchestration of beats and accompaniments took over the keyboard industry on ALL brands. Again.. on my Korg PA600QT Arranger workstation, I can reproduce to the best of my ability, the beats and accompaniment patterns and progressions of the CLASSIC Casiotone boards.. A labor of pure love indeed as I remember alot of those beats and accomp patterns by heart to this day lol!

Hey, I started with a Mattel Synsonic drum pad and had alot of fun creating rhythms with that and my original Pro-One, before that step up, a Crumar "Roadrunner" piano that sounded like hitting an old boxspring mattress with a tennis racket....

Swinging completely the other way, and surprisingly unrewarding-just restored an older Korg M3 with its "Karma" hugely embellished built-in arrangements and "combis"-actually really just a monstrously complex auto-arranger function-leaves me bewildered, and wanting to go back to my Mattel Synsonics drum pads!!! Sadly, I can create monstrous complete movie soundtracks by pushing a button, I don't have to have a creative bone in my body-all the challenge of playing with sounds, rhythms etc. is gone. Even my cat can play complex arrangements if he hits the right pad or button....sigh. or I drop it on the floor and it starts itself.

Such is progress. And I have a full sampled set of Casio soundbanks in my Alesis Fusion (loads wav samples)-CZ's, SK's, even a complete set of "Speak and Spell" samples-again somehow it takes the fun out of it. And makes me wonder-where does one go from here. Maybe back to hitting rocks and logs with sticks, and playing wax paper and comb kazoos again. At least that takes a little skill. :nutty:   :freak:   :wall:

Really Excited to know and see about new replacement for PX-5S. :love:

Replacement means when the new model will released the older model will be discontinued?

My question is - will I able to book or attend NAMM show event for CASIO? As I'm not from USA. What are the things required to book and attend The NAMM show?

And is there any information about arranged series in future?

20 hours ago, Jokeyman123 said:

So i guess this link-about booking to go to the NAMM event in July, is not accurate?

That appears to be a hotel booking site.  That page shows a NAMM 2017 logo.  Maybe they are showing the planned future dates from 2017, before the world shut down.  The official website shows the next scheduled show is in 2024.  https://www.namm.org/thenammshow/info/dates-times

NAMM used to have a public day where anyone could attend. I think they stopped that a few years ago.  It may come back, but it's invitation only until then.  

• 3 weeks later...

I am a WK series fan. In my opinion the best arranger keyboard, 76 keys, great drawbar organ, the best internal speakers I’ve ever found on a home keyboard and the list goes on. I would love to see an updated WK model. We live in hope 

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I would love to see is the high-end / workstation refresh, as well as new lower end keyboards

my possible speculations /predictions would be:

1. MZ-S family, divided into two different classes. 3-digit series (e.g. MZ-S500) to replace the CT-X5000/3000, and 4-digit series (e.g. MZ-S1100) as a successor of MZ-X300/S500

2. a revival of 76-key WK models, possibly a 76 key version of existing CT-S family

3. LK-S500/S550 to replace the S450, maybe a key lighted version of the existing CT-S500 plus traditional "song bank" tunes from the usual Standard Keyboards family (Twinkle Twinkle, Lightly Row, Long Long Ago, etc)

4. XW-S & XW App - If Casio decided to make a surprise comeback into the affordable synth market, this will be a good name for it. I predict the sound engine would be combining that of AiX and a renewed HPSS / HexLayer

5. This might be a bit too far in speculation , but it might be possible for Casio to bring back the portable digital drums to compete with the likes  of Yamaha DD-75 or Alesis Compactkit 7. LD-S would be a decent name for this, and like the keyboards, it may be branded under the Casiotone name, and uses AiX sound engine

6. Like Brad said earlier, a PX-5S replacement is worth to wait. 

Of course, I don't expect all my predictions to come true (especially the XW or LD) , but I assume the MZ is highly possible, to meet the demands of developing countries (for ethnic music)

. Remember how the MZ-X500 was loaded with lots of ethnic content? I expect the same thing happened in the next workstation

Edited by Pravito

On 6/22/2023 at 4:22 AM, pianokeyjoe said:

oh @Jokeyman123! We can only dare to dream! It is actually kinda crazy, you CAN reproduce ALL classic Casio keyboard vintage sound waves and presets if you have the patience and time and the right keyboard synth, without having to reengineer the Casiotone. My Korg PA 600QT can do the PT1 piano sound and a few others by me fiddling with the built in samples of simple pulse waves and envelopes. I know a Casio VA synth would possibly be the ticket for a reproduction of the CZ/VZ/PT/MT/SK and HT series keyboard sounds and presets. The big one however.. for us nostalgia nerds.. is the reproduction of the RHYTHMS and Auto accompaniment patterns of all the Classic Casiotone keyboards of the 1979-1989 keyboards, before over orchestration of beats and accompaniments took over the keyboard industry on ALL brands. Again.. on my Korg PA600QT Arranger workstation, I can reproduce to the best of my ability, the beats and accompaniment patterns and progressions of the CLASSIC Casiotone boards.. A labor of pure love indeed as I remember alot of those beats and accomp patterns by heart to this day lol!

Speaking of CLASSIC RHYTHMS

this would be a good addition in a future standard keyboard and workstation lineup

Take for example, "Chicago Blues", "Funk" and "Very-Funky" from the CTK 601. Imagine they made a comeback as a classic rhythm, with modernized sounds but remain faithful to the original arrangement