Video Files on Forum ×

Unwanted Tremolo Effect?

V Candreva
Go to solution Solved by Brad Saucier,

According to my User's Guide, I don't seem to have a Modulation wheel, or a Pitch Bend wheel on this model.  It labels all of the features on page EN-5 - the Modulation wheel is 33, and Pitch Bend wheel is 32, but my detailed picture on page EN-4 only goes up to 31.  Is there another way to access the Modulation feature??

I found it - go to the MENU, and push the arrow on the right to get to the second page of items / click on CONTROLLER / click Modulation Edit, ENTER / click Upper 1 Enable-OFF; and Upper 2 Enable-OFF (there is also another page of LOWER 1 & 2).  You can also use the box on the top of the screen that says Parameter - Clicking 1 or 2 also turns everything ON or OFF.

I am putting this out there because it took me forever to even find this, and it makes no sense that somehow these buttons were messed with and changed - so I still have no idea how this even happened!  And there is no Modulation wheel - it is all done through the LED MENU.

Edited by V Candreva

• Solution
On 9/5/2023 at 1:49 PM, V Candreva said:

And there is no Modulation wheel - it is all done through the LED MENU.

That is an incorrect statement in regards to a PX-560.  What you found in the menu is not necessary for removing the effect. It is only necessary for disabling the wheel entirely.  It should not be disabled by default.  

There is a modulation precisely as shown on page EN-4 of the PX-560 user manual as number 33 (see the areas circled in red in the photo below).  You will find two wheels on left side of the piano.  Furthest left is a pitch bender, and next to it is modulation. The pitch bender is spring loaded and returns to center automatically.  The modulation wheel is designed to remain stationary in any position.  The OFF position for the modulation wheel is all the way down, not centered like the pitch bender.  It is not necessary to use the touch screen to disable the wheel if all you want to do is remove the vibrato effect.  Simply move the wheel down to the off position. 

Screenshot_20230907-091558~2.png

I have to second Brad's post. I use both the mod wheel and pitch bend all the time when playing on my PX560, there definitely is both.  If the mod wheel is operating correctly, there should be no need to disable it with the menu unless for example-you don't want to accidentally hit it with your hand while playing and bringing in an LFO/modulation effect.

• Thanks 1

On 9/5/2023 at 2:47 PM, V Candreva said:

According to my User's Guide, I don't seem to have a Modulation wheel, or a Pitch Bend wheel on this model.

Haven't you seen the wheel labeled "MODULATION" on the left part of the keyboard, nor the PITCH BEND one? I'm really confused.

71vVtjnc16L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Thanks 1