Video Files on Forum ×

Specs of the CDP-S350 released!

TheBradge

Nice. I might need to sell my Roland-piano and get this if it really does have a good weighted keyboard like in the Privia-models. I like the very small and compact size. Saves lots of space. Too bad there's no damper- or string resonance but I can use Pianoteq on my PC when I want the best piano-sound, so it's not a big problem.

Even the cheapest Privia PX-160 (about 460 euros around here it seems) has string- and damper-resonance, so it's not really necessary to invest over 1000 euros/dollars/whatever for greater sound. But for me, the most important thing is the feel of those keys. 

I've played s cdp130 and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the key action and sounds. These must be at least as good but the price is important as well as whether this is stripped down feature-wise. The 230 and 235 seem to be closer to my older px575 than to my px350, 560. But even the 575 actually has a much broader variety of features than the newer CDPs although the piano samples use the older concept without string resonance etc. Like the older MZ2000 which was never followed through until the new MZ-X. Still for a new piano I would expect more capabilities not less if I am upgrading. I like the compact design, but.....

On 1/24/2019 at 6:39 AM, Jokeyman123 said:

I've played s cdp130 and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the key action and sounds. These must be at least as good but the price is important as well as whether this is stripped down feature-wise. The 230 and 235 seem to be closer to my older px575 than to my px350, 560. But even the 575 actually has a much broader variety of features than the newer CDPs although the piano samples use the older concept without string resonance etc. Like the older MZ2000 which was never followed through until the new MZ-X. Still for a new piano I would expect more capabilities not less if I am upgrading. I like the compact design, but.....

I had CDP-130 for a year.

The keyboard does have a great feel, totally agree !!! 

The sound of the piano is so so.

Sustain is short.

No MIDI I/O.

Noisy keyboard.

Price and size are important. There are even more important if you will not play too often.

If you play every day these two factors should not have the highest priority.

At least that what I learned making my own mistakes. Quality and "extensibility" matter.

• 2 months later...

Hi @AlenK, I totally agree with the issue of the Split/Layer voices volume adjustment. The CT-X700 and 800, which have the same architecture as the CDP S350, do have the same issue. Apparently,  Casio doesn’t consider a firmware upgrade for these “lower” AiX boards. Shame.

I strongly hope that the issue will be solved when the CT-X700, CT-X800 and CDP S350 will be replaced by newer boards in a few years.

• 1 month later...

I bought s350 for my 7 year old son. We compared among many brands and casio cdp models. We shortlisted the s100 and s350. Somehow he likes the piano sound on the s350. The tone was the Stage Piano. Later i found that this was not available in the lower cdp models.

28 minutes ago, Jeffreychua said:

I bought s350 for my 7 year old son. We compared among many brands and casio cdp models. We shortlisted the s100 and s350. Somehow he likes the piano sound on the s350. The tone was the Stage Piano. Later i found that this was not available in the lower cdp models.

People are loving the Stage Piano preset.  In the PX-S series, that preset is even better, however it's only available on the PX-S3000.  It's not available on the PX-S1000.  I think everyone shopping needs to be aware of this as everyone has different opinions on sounds.  Your son has a good ear for sound.   

• Like 1

Hi, I have a question, the pitch wheel transmits midi data to the pc? or does it only work with the on board sounds? in the manual in the midi part it says that it does not transmit signal of the tone wheel, I will use it live with on board sounds, but I also want to use it in studio as a midi controller and I need to use the pitch wheel. Someone who has the cdp s350 can confirm it please, thank you.

On 5/16/2019 at 6:49 AM, Brad Saucier said:

People are loving the Stage Piano preset.  In the PX-S series, that preset is even better, however it's only available on the PX-S3000.  It's not available on the PX-S1000.  I think everyone shopping needs to be aware of this as everyone has different opinions on sounds.  Your son has a good ear for sound.   

Spot on assessment!

• 5 months later...

Casio's website has video tutorial BUT THEY ARE ALL IN CHINESE!!!

Jeremy See does an okay job on in his YouTube tutorial of the Casio S350's functions....but I wish he slow down a bit a explain in more detail and make it longer.

Is going thru the manual or just experimenting with the controls really the only way at this point to really learn how to work all of the functions????

On 5/17/2019 at 4:27 PM, Grillo007 said:

Hi, I have a question, the pitch wheel transmits midi data to the pc? or does it only work with the on board sounds? in the manual in the midi part it says that it does not transmit signal of the tone wheel, I will use it live with on board sounds, but I also want to use it in studio as a midi controller and I need to use the pitch wheel. Someone who has the cdp s350 can confirm it please, thank you.

Yes it will transmit via MIDI.

47 minutes ago, Ace Car said:

Casio's website has video tutorial BUT THEY ARE ALL IN CHINESE!!!

Jeremy See does an okay job on in his YouTube tutorial of the Casio S350's functions....but I wish he slow down a bit a explain in more detail and make it longer.

Is going thru the manual or just experimenting with the controls really the only way at this point to really learn how to work all of the functions????

I'm not sure what you're referring to, I have no idea how to speak Chinese. ;)  Is there something specific you need help with? 

• Like 3