Video Files on Forum ×

Next Generation Privia (Casio PX-S1000 & PX-S3000)

Brad Saucier

Here is a nice video that compares the new Px-S series with the older PX-560, especially comparing key action and piano sounds. The author also has other interesting videos about the bew Casio pianos. Check his YouTube channel. 

https://youtu.be/PCx30-UDuxE

EDIT: Also, just in, a new video comparing the PX-S1000 with the PX-S3000:

https://youtu.be/4-VGNHhGVOs

Edited by Headhunter
New video

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2019 at 11:26 AM, Jason K said:

I've had a PX s3000 on order from Sweetwater since NAMM, and they just let me know that it should arrive at their store late this week and then they'll ship it my way.  Once I get it I'll make sure to let you folks know my thoughts.  I did see an s1000 at the local music store, and I was a big fan of the new action compared to other casios.  Action preference is such an individual thing though.

Jason, I was wondering if you received your PX-S3000 and have any thoughts about it.  Thanks.

• 2 months later...

somewhat new to the music scene, joined a band 2 years ago and started taking lessons to improve on whatever skills I learned in 5th grade...looking at a privia for my practice/band keyboard (i have an acoustic at home but difficult to practice at night when kids are asleep). can someone help me figure out the differences between the PX-S3000 and the PX-350 ? (kraft is running a good sale on the 350 right now, and it's cheaper the the PX-S 3000). Thank you !

I have the PX350, PX560 and a few other non-piano action Casios. There is not much difference in the key action between the 350 and 560 and since the 360 is the same as the 560 without some of the sequencer and a few other more advanced features I would have to think you would be happy with any of them! If you are looking at better control through software, the 300 is probably a bit easier to work with, although the 350 does have a full 17-track sequencer and i have managed to record with software DAWs, but it is not too easy. You cannot add or edit tones on the 350, and it only has 10 user memory (auto-accompaniment) slots for adding other than the factory rhythms. Excellent sound though, and very easy to carry, not much deeper cabinet than the 3000.  Some of the 350s wre a little too "clunky" sounding for some-I have read that the 3000 has a quieter mechanical action. Download the Casio manuals and take a look, that always helps me decide what is there and how I will be able to use it. I like the newer 3000 manual, it is way easier to understand than the 350 initially at least. there are always excellent moderators here (and other posters) who will clue you into just about any feature there is.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Just purchased a PX-S1000 in RED, and love it! (I already own a PX-5S, and my son has the PX-560, we've got 'red, white, & blue' Privias, so cool!)

Here's my problem—I want to download the user guide for the PX-S1000, but I'm having no luck. Is something up with Casio's download page? I can download other guides, but nothing for the S1000. Help!