Video Files on Forum ×

PXs-3000 failure

shep

Hi All, my keyboard froze then turned itself off yesterday twice within the hour. I have previously posted about this having happened 5 times in the previous 10 months. The warranty repair person said it is very difficult to diagnose intermittent faults.

It seems to happen when changing registrations. Has anyone else experienced this failure? ....shep

Hi Trooplewis, there have been three  types of failures .One,  the power just goes off and the keyboard needs to be powered up again. Second, the current sound freezes and nothing changes ( no sound) until it is powered off. Third,  the current sound freezes and then after a few seconds the keyboard powers down and then has to be powered up again. Each time after turning on again it works fine.....till the next time....arhhhhh

may be a dumb question as you don't sound like a new player in the game, but this runs on batteries. Does this happen with either source? Do you have batteries in it at all? If so, could be (wishful thinking here) as simple as cruddy or weak battery connections in the battery bay-can act as a resistor in your adapter supply voltage-again, just a long shot, sounds like something is screwing up the internal software. If it's new, Brad's choice is probably the only choice.

Hi Brad and Jokeyman123,  I have contacted the very reputable store where I purchased the board, I've dealt with them for over 30 years, however, I was referred to the Casio Warranty Agency. In reference to batteries I never use them , but thanks for the thought.  

I may have to use the Australian Department of Fair Trading to advance my case.

I appreciate the suggestions I have received from the forum.

Many of my piano player friends have played my keyboard, at jazz sit-ins , one purchasing a PXs1000 and another thinking of getting one instead of his Yamaha. All players appreciate the great action and excellent piano sound.

On 10/6/2020 at 2:28 AM, shep said:

Second, the current sound freezes and nothing changes ( no sound) until it is powered off.

I can only add that this happened to me once. just the other day (PX-S3000).  Power-off/on was the only fix. I have no idea what I was doing, specifically, before the freeze.

On 10/10/2020 at 6:19 PM, shep said:

Hi Glen,  sad to say but I'm glad I'm not alone with this failure.....significant? I'm a Glen too.

With one 'n' too. The only correct spelling BTW.

Since I'm not going to gig, I'm not too worried about it. It's done a few other funky things too, but it's been a huge help for my very new technique. Overall a really nice enjoyable instrument. I'm hoping for a firmware upgrade which might fix some bugs and improve some features...

Thanks  Glen, I did a complete reset and haven't had a problem since although I'm not holding my breath. Improvements I'd like to see are a quicker way to transpose and pedal control over the Leslie effect. .....Glen ( definitely one n I'm not greedy) 

Sad news , factory reset didn't work. Playing with band yesterday , keyboard failed again. Band members can vouch for me but I didn't have time to film the freeze before it turned off.  Notified dealer, given Mike Marin's advice, and I await the dealer's response. Have a jazz gig Saturday fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...