Video Files on Forum ×

Frozen screen

DaveMcM

As gigs are starting back up after a year long C-19 break, I decided to create a few additional registrations for some new tunes. I selected a Hex Layer, Edit Tone, Edit, and then the screen was frozen. Keys played. I tried selecting another registration but as I was in edit those buttons were dead. I tapped on Escape in the lower right of the display and still nothing. Then all of a sudden the display jumped back to the home screen. I returned to editing the layers and it happened again. This time I pressed Start and a drum beat started playing and then the screen was operational again.

So has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? I have a gig this Sunday night and I'm a bit worried.

Thanks,

Dave

I never experienced this. Is this with any Hex Layer or one in particular? Did you wait for a long time to see if it wasn't just "slow" instead of frozen? For example, when changing some reverbs the screen is frozen for a second. It looks to me like when it finished doing whatever it was doing, it responded to your key presses/screen touches.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for responding. It was one particular Hex Layer, but then I had just started and didn't continue creating others. I've done a fair amount of editing single tones as well as Hex Layers in the past and never experienced any lag between screen presses.

Are you saving the hex layer you edited before selecting it for use in a new registration? I don't think you can be editing a hex layer while switching through registrations if that's what you are doing-unless you save it first. I could be wrong, I've never worked that way.

I don't think the PX560 has enough processing power to perform "multitasking" in the sense that some workstations can-where you can be in the middle of editing a tone, program or multi while trying it out from a sequenced track or moving around to other tones. I have experienced an ocassional seeming screen "lockup" when editing a hex layer, or when editing complex multi-track ocompositions. Not sure why. i always save any chnges I make before i make too many, because if the 560 locks up and restores itself, it will probably lose my edits. Hex layers are using alot of CPU I think at least during editing. 

I agree with Jokeyman123. My PX560 has done the same thing once , however, my PX-s3000 , did it repeatedly until Casio replaced the keyboard. I think it is a function of the CPU , possibly in both models, becoming overloaded and freezing or turning off.

Dave-not directly to your point-but I have managed to use several hex layers in several  tracks for a recording without a glitch. i also have had no problems changing mixer settings n the fly. either for playing back multi-track arrangements or recording, no glitches. and I did a cover of Telstar using a registration with modified organ tones so i could switch leslie effect in and out with a simple pedal-no problems at all with any glitches. i think its a matter of keeping each task you do in a separate comlete "save" Save the registration or registrations. Modify your tone or hex layer in  separate process, save it. Then use it in a registration. glad you might be upping gigs. I'm trying to get some people here to do some rehearsing, just for fun at this point, our restrictions at least around here are easing up, finally.