Video Files on Forum ×

USB Midi driver for Windows 10

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, lisamyers050@gmail.com said:

Trying to connect my CTK-601 keyboard via the midi-ports to my Dell (windows 10) computer.

Do I need to install any drivers?  or can I just connect the keyboard?

I have a ROLAND UM-ONE midi to USB connection

thanks.

No drivers are needed to use a 5-pin MIDI device. The drivers in your case may be needed for your UM-ONE. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Brad, I appreciate you helping these folks. Would mine giving me a hand with my casio ctk-2300 that a friend of mine gave me. Im having troubles connecting it to windows 10 and ableton live 10, I tried finding drivers (but no luck) and so I used direct USB cable but ableton isnt recognizing my device and tips for this to work?

4 hours ago, tropaaa said:

Hi Brad, I appreciate you helping these folks. Would mine giving me a hand with my casio ctk-2300 that a friend of mine gave me. Im having troubles connecting it to windows 10 and ableton live 10, I tried finding drivers (but no luck) and so I used direct USB cable but ableton isnt recognizing my device and tips for this to work?

You should be able to go into Ableton's options menu for MIDI and select CASIO USB-MIDI as your input and output device. 

Brad, for future reference, where do USB Casio keyboards show up in Device Manager, would it be under "Sound, Video And Game Controllers"? And do they show up in Devices And Printers (from Control Panel) and in Bluetooth And Other Devices (in the modern Settings)?

Panchoq

Your CTK-4000 IS USB-MIDI Class Compliant, and should work with your Windows-10 system.  While the great majority of Windows-10 systems work fine with USB-MIDI, there are a few exceptions that have no end of problems.  Here is a discussion of possible problems, and some of the more popular tips, fixes, and workarounds:

If your computer has both USB-2 and USB-3 ports, and you are using a USB-3 port, switch to one of the USB-2 ports.  If your computer has only USB-3 ports, you can try connecting a USB-2 hub to one of the USB-3 ports, then connecting the CTK-4000 to one of the hub's ports.  Some owners have reported success with this.  It's like the USB-2 hub acts as a "buffer" between the USB-3 computer port and the keyboard's USB-2 port (and USB-1 ports on older models).  In any case, DO NOT USE A USB-3 CABLE.  The USB ports on most(?)  keyboards are not compatible with USB-3 cables. 

Some early Windows-10 systems were shipped without the USB-MIDI Class Compliant driver, so if your Windows-10 was an early release, this could be the problem.  You could also have a damaged driver.  In either case, you would need to contact Microsoft Support for assistance.

Other Windows-10 systems indicate problems with outdated BIOS on the computer hardware.  The majority of these were Windows-7 to Windows-10 upgrades, while others were a manufacturer carry-over of outdated BIOS into early Windows-10 units, so check to see if your computer hardware has the latest BIOS updates.

- T -

• 2 weeks later...

The USB port on the back of the CTK-2000 is for connecting to a USB computer port with a standard USB "printer type" cable.  The CTK-2000 works with the driver that is built-in to Windows and MAC-OS.  Downloading and installing a driver is not necessary.  This allows you to play computer based instrument (sound) software programs from the CTK-2000's keys, using it as a MIDI controller keyboard, and to "play" MIDI files from the computer to the CTK-2000's sound "engine", using it as a sound (tone) module, but the CTK-2000 contains no onboard memory for storing User Rhythms, User Tones (other than a single one-second tone sample), or User Songs.  You can not download this type of data to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry for my bad English
but i'm in trouble i have a casio privia px-120 and i wanted to use it as a midi controller in flstudio
I'm using a cable / interface prelude conecta
installed casio drivers more in fl studio says there are no drivers installed on the system
wanted some help
or if this casio px-120 model cannot be used as a midi controller
thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new (purch 2019) HP Windows 10 Laptop.  I downloaded Audacity and also DarkWave.  I plugged in my Casio LK-165, and neither software shows it as an input device.

I have been working on this issue for HOURS!  I looked in Control Panel/Device Manager and it says that the Casio USB Midi working properly (in Properties) yet in Events shows that the device is not migrated.  I have been tossed back n forth from Windows to Casio to see where the fail is.  I have tried to disable/enable the device, manually unplug/replug/power on, and even downloaded some promised FIXES from unknown sources to the USB MIDI issues which wanted money to do (which I uninstalled).  I can't even find a recent post in the Windows Forums about this.  

I cannot find an updated driver for this keyboard to try to manually re-install it on Casio's end either.  I even tried another MIDI keyboard and it had the same no migrated issue (and not read as an input device).  

AND...I just got an answer on a Microsoft Forum saying that Casio has not supplied updated drivers....  ??????

So disappointing...

This link was provided:  https://support.casio.com/en/support/osdevicePage.php?cid=008002002

I am super disappointed that I cannot use my keyboard in these applications.  😞

T might have a better answer or Brad-I think they solved this problem-in the meantime-know that many Windows 10 users are experiencing similar incompatibility issues with drivers for many devices. I hold Microsoft at least partially responsible for these problems-if Windows 7 will see your Casio (as all mine do) then what is missing in 10 that no longer works?? Only Microsoft knows. Not to be negative-One "trick" might work (I have kept Windows 7 for many reasons)-download one of the older Casio usb  drivers for 7, 8 or even older and install it anyway-if it will install in 10 at all. And the Microsoft/Windows forums-sadly-are one of the last places I have been able to find solutions to the various problems i have encountered using this OS, ever since Windows 3.1! 

The difficult part in all this-the LK165 is a "class compliant" USB device-and I believe Casio when they say it is. I wish I knew what was missing in Windows 10 that causes these driver incompatibilities-what is in Windows XP, 7 and 8 that is not in 10. i know for a fact that the music/audio software configuration settings that used to be in Windows from 95 up until 7 completely disappeared and caused no end of headaches for many (including me) that needed to configure DAWs and other music software with Windows-until 3rd party developers came up with work-arounds that put that functionality back in place. Look at the Coolsoft virtual midi synth website and you will see one such program-its called "midimapper"-I'm not sure this will solve this driver issue, but it might help. this is the important midi configuration software that Windows deleted from 7 on, and is responsible for software to be "directed" to your correct midi ports.

5 hours ago, Ang said:

AND...I just got an answer on a Microsoft Forum saying that Casio has not supplied updated drivers....  ??????

Ang,

We haven't supplied drivers for our products for the last 7 years or so because the necessary driver is written by Microsoft and is built in to the Windows operating system.