Video Files on Forum ×

USB Midi driver for Windows 10

10 hours ago, Yaiel said:

My PC does not recognise the CASIO Keyboard  CT-S100, although I installed music software (data manager) and the driver. 

CT-S100 does not have data manager software and does not require the user to install any drivers for use as a MIDI controller.  Can you explain a bit more what you are trying to do?  

11 hours ago, Yaiel said:

I have the same problem. My PC does not recognise the CASIO Keyboard  CT-S100, although I installed music software (data manager) and the driver. 

Windows 10 does not do any update. Usually it detects when a driver is old, but not in the case of Casio.

I regret that I bought this keyboard.

As mentioned a driver is NOT needed. I would suggest you try a different cable. Many mini-USB cables that people have are for charging devices only and do not have the proper wiring for data. 

• Like 1

Look at all these posts re Windows 10. Now Google Windows problems, from 95 to 98 to XW to Vista to 7 to 8 ( 7 is the best of the bunch including 10 IMO-at least it's only missing things I know how to deal with-and I install Windows 7 Professional, have half-dozen DAWs, audio and midi editors, soundfonts, virtual machines etc....its not the Casio....it's not the Casio!   As both Brad and Mike Martin already described-there is no "data editor" for these CTS keyboards-nor should you need one. You can't modify tones or anything else with software on these. and i agree-i have many USB cables-some work, some don't. the cheap Chinese cables are hit and miss-i have some cables that will not even charge up my phones or tablets-and these are designed to do that! so if you have any other USB cables-try another one-or two. from Windows XP on-windows is supposed to have USB drivers built into the operating system already-if Windows is not "recognizing" your Casio-the connection through the cable is probably bad. and even a slight re-positioning of the connectors might do it.

Plus, the multiple USB standards are turning it into a complete mess. The USB association keep changing the designations, and nobody has any idea what speed a particular cable is capable of working with. Some devices designed for USB 2 don't work on USB 3, and some won't work through a hub, etc. The "one simple standard" of USB has become a troubleshooting nightmare.

Not to belabor this-what makes it worse-almost impossible to design and build (or buy) an affordable midi host-I have the Midicontrol branded host box for converting USB boards to midi DIN-considering how few parts are really needed, i don't understand how much money is saved by eliminating din ports-a few dollars worth of parts, an optocoupler/optoisolator-the din jacks,   a UART IC, few other components plus the midi protocol which must be different than straight USB communication-which was never designed for midi in the first place. In a live setting or a studio-I would much rather have the tighter din connectors and more well-shielded cables designed for DIN than the usually very flimsy and not always properly shielded USB, let alone mini or micro USB cables. The entire concept of optoisolators after all was designed to prevent feedback loops and radio interference-the UART designed specifically for midi DIN connections was designed for multiplexing-error checking as data went in and out-so would  prevent lost data. always worked well for me. Newer is not always better-sometimes it's just cheaper-or as Zappa  described in his song "Cheapness"....

Hi Brad, I have a Casio WK-110 and I'm trying to connect it to MainStage using a midi chord to my 2020 MacBook Pro but the the computer doesn't even recognize that the keyboard is plugged in, is there a driver I can install for MacOS to get it working? Thanks.

59 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Hi Brad, I have a Casio WK-110 and I'm trying to connect it to MainStage using a midi chord to my 2020 MacBook Pro but the the computer doesn't even recognize that the keyboard is plugged in, is there a driver I can install for MacOS to get it working? Thanks.

Unfortunately WK-110 only supports Windows.  The latest driver for Windows is up to 8.1, but Windows 10 should run it okay.  https://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=75

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Lilliluna2 said:

Hi,

I want to buy the CASIO CT S100 keyboard and want to use it with skoove. Has anyone experience with that? Do I only need a USB 2.0 cable to connect the keyboard with my notebook (windows 10)? Do I need any driver on my notebook ?
Thanks and regards

CT-S100 will automatically install as a Casio USB MIDI device.  You'll just need the proper USB data cable to connect, Micro B to USB A.

1 hour ago, DarkOne said:

I’m running win10

and Cubase 10.5 DAW

CASIO WK-1300

cubase doesn’t recognize it. 
im using a usb midi interface cable to connect to my computer. 

i can’t find drivers for this keyboard anywhere. Please help. 

Drivers do not exist for the WK-1300 because it is not designed to connect directly to a computer.  Your MIDI-to-USB interface is the device that needs a driver to operate.  You will need to consult with the manufacturer of the cable for information on drivers for it.  

Hi,

I have the Casio CT-S100 and connected it with an Micro B to USB A cable to my notebook, everything was fine.

I also have the tablet Odys Thanos 10, it has an micro USB connection. Could anyone say me, can I connect the keyboard with the micro B connection to the tablet, which also has the micro b connection? Is there an adapter necessary?

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2020 at 3:00 AM, mugamanu said:

Can you please help me?? I have a Casio Ctx 5000 and windows 8, i cannot connect it as a midi controller, it tells me that windows found the controller’s software for the device but a problem has been produced while trying to installing it... 

The driver for your CT-X5000 is provided by Microsoft. If you're having an problem there is an issue with either your USB cable or your Windows Installation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edcp said:

Hi, I have a casio cdp 130 which I want to link to my win10 laptop to run the software 'playground sessions' but the laptop isn't recognising the keyboard. Could someone point me to the correct driver? Many thanks!

Look for CASIO USB MIDI in Windows Device Manager under sound video and game controllers.  Is it there?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi. I'm trying to connect my Casio LK-42 midi keyboard to a Windows 10 computer using Cubase LE AI Elements 10 audio recording software without any luck. The midi keyboard won't connect / produce a signal. Do I need to install a driver for the midi keyboard? If so, which one and where do it find it? Thanks for your help in advance.

• 2 weeks later...