Video Files on Forum ×

USB Midi driver for Windows 10

30 minutes ago, Jokeyman123 said:

download one of the older Casio usb  drivers for 7, 8 or even older and install it anyway-if it will install in 10 at all

I honestly think they're exactly the same. 

Windows should make an audible sound when a USB device is connected, if that is not being heard I'd suggest trying a different USB cable or different USB port on the computer. 

Right Mike, I've used the same older Casio driver-for older keyboards that needed it, on XP and 7 successfully. I wish I knew why some have so much trouble handshaking USB with Windows 10, although I'm pretty sure T has posted success with 10 and USB. I don't see why it wouldn't work, although I've found many references to other music devices (Korg, Yamaha, etc.) all having similar problems-related to Windows 10 only being able to recognize up to 10 (!) midi devices in the registry-and that different builds of Windows 10 might or might not work. Sigh.

Forgive me Mike if you already know all this-you probably do......

Devices-to Windows-means 10 connection discoveries, or "instances"-which are stored in the registry, whether you still have these devices connected or not. I know this through experience and training.  In other words, every time you plug a USB device into a usb port-Windows writes a registry entry-and some troubleshooters are claiming you need to delete those reference or Windows dead-ends any new USB connections beyond those "instances". I recall having this problem years back with older versions of Windows-and did have to delete registry entries for the USB ports-and delete the USB drivers if I had any installed to get Windows to recognize yet another attempt at handshaking the new driver.

Whether this is related to what is happening here, I couldn't say-without delving into the registry-and Jirka, i would not do that unless you have serious computer troubleshooting skills, you can cripple your OS if you don't know what you are doing. I'm not even sure Windows 10 lets you into the registry anymore.

20 minutes ago, Jokeyman123 said:

Windows dead-ends any new USB connections beyond those "instances".

I'm not sure this is what is happening here as I don't think Windows 10 has the USB MIDI device limit that previous versions did.  You can get into the registry in Windows 10 but that shouldn't be necessary.  I've mostly moved over to Mac on my end personally but I'll see if I can get access to a Win10 machine to find some other ways that people can troubleshoot.

Okay, update to my previous post.  

Expanding on the fact that Casio USB is for MIDI only, not audio.  I checked Audacity again since I recall some limited MIDI support was added a few years ago.  Audacity MIDI support is limited to playing a MIDI file and very basic editing.  This is why you can't select your Casio as an input device. Audacity won't record MIDI.  Your Casio can be used as a MIDI sound source with Audacity if you open preferences and select the MIDI tab, and select CASIO USB MIDI as the device. 

Now for DarkWave.  That software has an interesting workflow.  It supports MIDI input and output.  In order to do that, you first have to create a MIDI input in the studio tab by right clicking and selecting native>es MIDI input.  You may have click the drop down arrow and select show custom GUI.  You'll see 2 drop down boxes. The top box is where you select Casio USB MIDI as input.   That's as far I can go with directions, but it shows it does work.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2020 at 2:05 PM, Brad Saucier said:

Okay, update to my previous post.  

Expanding on the fact that Casio USB is for MIDI only, not audio.  I checked Audacity again since I recall some limited MIDI support was added a few years ago.  Audacity MIDI support is limited to playing a MIDI file and very basic editing.  This is why you can't select your Casio as an input device. Audacity won't record MIDI.  Your Casio can be used as a MIDI sound source with Audacity if you open preferences and select the MIDI tab, and select CASIO USB MIDI as the device. 

Now for DarkWave.  That software has an interesting workflow.  It supports MIDI input and output.  In order to do that, you first have to create a MIDI input in the studio tab by right clicking and selecting native>es MIDI input.  You may have click the drop down arrow and select show custom GUI.  You'll see 2 drop down boxes. The top box is where you select Casio USB MIDI as input.   That's as far I can go with directions, but it shows it does work.  

Okay, thank you.  I will look into both of these.   

I am new to this.  In short, I want to write and edit music using the keyboard talking to the software program and not just create in the software program.  I am starting with darkwave because it is free and I need to know what I need to know and want before I purchase anything.  I am a lifelong musician and I know I will create better this way.  I may use Audacity if I record vocals, but was just using it more as a check as to why I couldn't see the keyboard as an input in either and it's easier to see such issues in audacity.  

I am a on a learning curve here but when A and B don't connect you're stopped.  🙂

Let's see how this works.  Again, thank you!

UPDATE:  In DarkWave, nothing will show in that top box.  I will dig in there for awhile.  I did find the player option in Audacity as you said above  THANKS!

Edited by Ang
Tried workarounds suggested

• 2 weeks later...

I have an old CTX-573, Windows 10. Purchased a midi cable set on Amazon. Device Manager shows USB MIDI Interface driver. MuseScore 3 and MIDI-OX does not show any activity, but the USB connector plugged into computer shows LED light up when I press a key on the CTX keyboard.

Should I expect anything to work? What can i do to get this to work?  Thanks in advance.

59 minutes ago, Ken Clubb said:

I have an old CTX-573, Windows 10. Purchased a midi cable set on Amazon. Device Manager shows USB MIDI Interface driver. MuseScore 3 and MIDI-OX does not show any activity, but the USB connector plugged into computer shows LED light up when I press a key on the CTX keyboard.

Should I expect anything to work? What can i do to get this to work?  Thanks in advance.

The quality of the MIDI to USB adapter is very important.  Can you attach a photo of the cable you're using?  

Fun fact, CTK-573 was released in 2001.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2015 at 12:35 AM, Brad Saucier said:

These are the latest drivers for that model.   Choose the correct one.  Two versions, one for 32 bit and one for 64 bit.    

http://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=72

http://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=75

You have USB-MIDI drivers for casio CT-X3000?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Dina said:

Hi there

I have Casio LK-300 TV. Does it have a driver for Windows 10 (64bit)

Also is there universal dirver for all casio models?

Thanks a lot in advance!

LK-300TV Driver for Windows 10 64 bit....

https://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=72

There is no universal driver for all Casio models.  A small number of very early (over 10 years old) USB equipped models needs a special driver like the one above.  All Casio USB equipped keyboards made in the last 10 years or so are plug and play, and will automatically install.

I have the same problem. My PC does not recognise the CASIO Keyboard  CT-S100, although I installed music software (data manager) and the driver. 

Windows 10 does not do any update. Usually it detects when a driver is old, but not in the case of Casio.

I regret that I bought this keyboard.