Video Files on Forum ×

USB Midi driver for Windows 10

For some of you self-described newbies (not my call-we were all newbies at some point and still are in others) this link might help a bit, although if you read some of the content here, you might see-midi is a part of music production that has evolved over many years-so you may need a little time to get everything up and running properly. Understanding is key (no pun intended-well maybe a little).

https://www.musicrepo.com/testing-midi-device/

I also see another bit of what may be causing some of these driver problems-Windows 10 has a new "API" which stands for Windows Application Programming Interface which without getting nutty-is part of the basic design of the Windows OS for programmers-years ago, when I was in computer school-there was a huge fee for programmers to obtain access to this Microsoft "API" as this is what is needed for programmers to develop software, add-ons or anything that has to access the Microsoft API codes, including midi and other drivers, or to troubleshoot Winodws at the language/coding level. Now Windows 10 has a new version, a more advanced version of the midi and USB implementation built-in, for use with newer bluetooth midi and Windows "Store" apps, such as the wonderful CZ app another user here developed and posted for Windows 10 as well as adding functionality for more advanced midi and USB applications. And this might be the problem, which I am still researching-look at the number of posts just on this topic-it is a problem needing solution, and not just for Casio. 

Old timers know, from experience (not me, I'm only 2 1/2 years old!:P) that often we have to troubleshoot "compatibility"-I've had to install new software or drivers in "compatibility" mode, which sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. I don't know how Windows 10 implements this-I have 10 on one hard drive-I poked around in it for awhile and decided to stay with 7 and XP on another machine for "compatibility" with some of my older equipment and software, so not sure yet what is wrong, if anything. According to Microsoft, the newer USB/midi API is supposed to be compatible with any earlier software or driver for music functions. I know I need dedicated Korg, Roland and Yamaha drivers for certain hardware/software communications-but I've only tested up to Windows 7 for these, and with specific midi devices.

Another heads-up, in the Windows world-make sure you know if you are using 32  bit or 64 bit Windows (x86/x64)-I''ve been able to install some 32-bit programs that work with my 64-bit Windows, and others just won't, no matter how I set permissions or accessibility. The enticing thing about all this "new' technology-it appears to be simple to set up and use, but underneath is alot of complexity-which with even one tiny glitch or bad connection, or faulty driver-can bring down your software, or communications between all this.  As far as ipads and iphones, and Android-much functionality depends on which version of the OS you ar working with-just like Windows. and for Android-test if your tablet or phone has "OTG" functionality-"On The Go". there are apps to test this-and it is needed for any kind of outside connection to a music keyboard or anything else except your charger! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, nors said:

I have a Casio PX-735 and can't get it to connect. I've tried downloading and installing the closest model driver and Windows says that it installed correctly but nada thing.

PX-735 is a class compliant USB MIDI device.  It is plug and play.  The drivers on Casio's website are for only compatible with very early USB equipped models. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Woto said:

I have the px-S300 but my program (adobe audition) doesnt find any keyboard, what should I do or download

@Woto

I assume you meant a PX-S3000. The driver is built-in to the operating system of both Mac and Windows systems. To my knowledge Adobe Audition does not have any MIDI implementation. It is an audio editor, not a DAW.  What were you looking to do.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, KYWILDCATS2010 said:

Hello! this is a last resort kind of thing. i have a old casio lk - 260, and i need the drivers for a windows 10 64b version, or anything else that will let me use the MIDI functionality of the keyboard. thanks, 
Landon.

LK-260 is a class compliant plug-and-play USB MIDI controller.   Just plug it in and go.  

• 3 weeks later...

I have a WK-3300 Casio and WIndows 10 64 bit computer.

Have installed the driver and windows can see it.

In mixpad Masters software I can select MIDI device as input but I cant get any transfer from the keyboard to the computer. 

Do I have to do something else on the keyboard to get it to work ?

I know its connected because the MIDI option disappears as an option for input when I disconnect it.